MARCH Holiday Party Details

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2006
      The party's on at Casa de Bryan. Saturday, Dec. 16, late afternoon until
      whenever.

      Bryan lives in Stratford, N.J., and he'll send his address in private emails
      to anyone who RSVPs affirmatively. So, contact him off-list at
      bryan.pope@... if you plan to be there.

      We will use Bill Degnan's idea of an ** informal ** gifting process. Anyone
      who wants to participate in the gifting should bring a vintage
      computer-related item of, say, less than $25 value. Be creative, and of
      course, in this case "used" gifts are appropriate. We'll just put them all
      into a bag or box and whoever brought something gets to pick something. The
      catch is, make sure you wrap the gift, so that we all get a surprise.
      Anonymity is optional.

      It's also a good idea for everyone to bring some kind of food or drink to
      share. That way we lessen the burden on Bryan.

      Entertainment will include vintage computer-themed movies, vintage
      videogames, and geeky goodwill all around.

      To be politically correct, we're not celebrating any ** specific ** holiday,
      but rather a "holiday" from doing any real work!

      Finally -- please don't drink and drive. It's just stupid.

      - Evan