Volunteers needed starting this Sunday!

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2006
      Hi all,

      Starting this Sunday (12/3), I won't be able to be at our preview room at
      InfoAge, and that's likely to be the case throughout the whole month of
      December. But InfoAge is still open from 1-4 every Sunday.

      So, it's time for volunteers to step forward. Several of you already
      expressed interested in this. The convenient news (also as recently posted)
      is that volunteers ONLY need to be there to staff our club's room, NOT for
      all of InfoAge. Each group at InfoAge will take care of staffing its own
      areas, unlike the original plan. A nice side effect is that the volunteers
      won't be so lonely, right? (Fred and Steve @ InfoAge will have the key to
      our room.)

      Basically the job is to hang out in our preview room and show off what's
      there to visitors. Explain that we're a non-profit group dedicated to
      computers of the 1950s-1980s (more or less) and that we're building a much
      bigger museum elsewhere on the grounds, to be open withing a year-ish from
      now. Explain that we host a big show, the VCF East, every spring. Simple
      enough. There are lots of club flyers in a plastic holder on our door that
      you should give to anybody who seems interested. In general the MOST
      important thing is just to be MARCH's diplomat that day. (LOL, but please
      don't go making any major decisions... InfoAge questions should always be
      referred to Fred, etc., while MARCH questions that you can't answer should
      be referred to me, or to Bill Degnan or Jim Scheef.)

      Sometimes there might be small projects to do (not big projects -- we'll
      save those for club work days). There is also plenty of space in the middle
      of our preview room to set up a small work table, if you want to use any
      downtime to work on a vintage computer. (But if you do, the please clean up
      thoroughly when you're done, as this room isn't meant to be a full-time
      workshop.)

      We're also selling the Commodore posters that Bill made. Those are $12 are
      they're in the InfoAge gift shop. We get $10 and InfoAge gets $2, so talk
      those up as well.

      Anyway, we only need ONE person each week, starting this week.

      Jeff & Joe -- I think you guys asked to be there on the same day; that's
      fine.

      I will schedule the volunteers using the FIFO method. :)

      Thanks!!

      - Evan
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2006
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Starting this Sunday (12/3), I won't be able to be at our preview room at
        > InfoAge, and that's likely to be the case throughout the whole month of
        > December. But InfoAge is still open from 1-4 every Sunday.
        >
        > So, it's time for volunteers to step forward. Several of you already
        > expressed interested in this. The convenient news (also as recently posted)
        > is that volunteers ONLY need to be there to staff our club's room, NOT for
        > all of InfoAge. Each group at InfoAge will take care of staffing its own
        > areas, unlike the original plan. A nice side effect is that the volunteers
        > won't be so lonely, right? (Fred and Steve @ InfoAge will have the key to
        > our room.)

        I can do either the 3rd or the 10th.

        Peace... Sridhar
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2006
          Thanks! You're on for Dec. 3 and I'll email you off-list with some more
          information.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006
            Evan,

            Is InfoAge open on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve? Those dates may be a little tough to fill.

            Jim

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006
              Not sure. I'll ask at the board meeting tonight.
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006
                Closed.