Re: Trivia - Re: [midatlanticretro] Other ideas for VCF East?

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 22, 2006
      Jim Scheef wrote:
      > Even,
      >
      > I have questions with verified answers - no problem. The programming
      > is the issue - presenting the questions, recording responses and scoring.
      >
      > Jim

      Jim and even Evan.. ;) ,

      I may have a solution for the programming bit.. Has anybody heard of
      Suncom's "The Party Quiz Game"? What is cool about this is it has an
      adapter that hooks up to *wait for it* a Commodore 64.. To this adapter
      you hook up these four devices, each which has four buttons.. The four
      buttons corresponds to the four possible answer presented on screen to
      the question asked.

      Of course they did not give you the tools to make your own questions
      - they expected you to buy their question disks. But I have taken a D64
      disk editor to one of these disks and the format looks pretty
      straightforward.. So far what I have is the first sector contains a
      little bit of info about the disk, the next four sectors contain lines
      output to the screen depending on how you are doing followed by the
      questions and then true/false ones at the end of the disk. They allow
      you 64 bytes for each question and four possible answers, with 0x9B
      delineating the end of a question or answer and then another 0x9B to end
      that question/answer section.

      Cheers,

      Bryan