Re: [midatlanticretro] InfoAge today / Next MARCH work day

  • madodel
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2006
      On 11/19/06 Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP
      > so we
      > can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.

      Sorry I won't be able to make it 11/25. I will most likely be in South
      Jersey visiting my family. Possibly a day in December, but that is a tough
      month with the holidays.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      http://www.warpstock.org

      http://www.os2voice.org

      Investigation, 1938
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2006
        I can't go this time, but hopefully next time. I have some items to bring
        that have been given to me to donate to InfoAge. Note that the poster
        proceeds should all go to InfoAge.
        Bill

        At 08:07 PM 11/19/2006 -0500, you wrote:
        >Today was the second day of InfoAge being open to the public.
        >
        >There wasn't any special advertising for today so it wasn't as busy as last
        >week. But we did have a few visitors. David T. visited again to bring us
        >more magazines and assorted vintage hardware. One of the highlights is an
        >original Amiga with a unique serial color photography device. He also
        >brought us a C-64C, different from the multiple ordinary C-64 units that we
        >have. And he says there is much more to come in the near future. Later in
        >the day, an older gentlemen visited with his son (the son is 46) to give
        >Fred a radio with a connection to Camp Evans from the 1950s I believe. The
        >son was more interested in computers so I showed him around. He asked if we
        >have a PDP-11 and he seemed pleasantly surprised when I said yes. Dan Lieb
        >(from the historic divers group) has been organizing the InfoAge gift shop;
        >he framed one of Bill D.'s Commodore posters and hung it on the wall. We're
        >selling them for $12 each, of which InfoAge gets $2. (Bill kindly donated
        >them to MARCH.) Today was also a "key" day, as I announced recently; Larry
        >Wilkins (the facilities guy) gave me a key to our museum hallways which we
        >share with the Dan's diving group. Larry also eliminated the simple hasp on
        >the Hotel's rear door (the most frequently used entrance for we volunteers)
        >and replaced it with a regular lock, for which we now have a key as well.
        >
        >InfoAge will be closed next Sunday (11/26) due to Thanksgiving, and will
        >re-open for Sunday, 12/3.
        >
        >Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP so we
        >can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.
        >
        >- Evan
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jeffrey Frady
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2006
          I'll be able to come on 11/25.

          On 19/11/06, madodel <madodel@...> wrote:

          On 11/19/06 Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP
          > so we
          > can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.

          Sorry I won't be able to make it 11/25. I will most likely be in South
          Jersey visiting my family. Possibly a day in December, but that is a tough
          month with the holidays.

          Mark

          --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

          http://www.warpstock.org

          http://www.os2voice.org

          Investigation, 1938

          --
          Moderator at http://www.PalmInfocenter.com/
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
            We'll reschedule for another time.

            I might still do there in the mid/late-afternoon, but that's only tentative.

            > Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP
            > so we
            > can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.

            Sorry I won't be able to make it 11/25. I will most likely be in South
            Jersey visiting my family. Possibly a day in December, but that is a tough
            month with the holidays.

            Mark

            --

            From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

            http://www.warpstock.org

            http://www.os2voice.org

            Investigation, 1938

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
              Good, I said I was gonna go earlier but it turns out to be a bad time for me too.

              On 24/11/06, Evan Koblentz <evan@... > wrote:

              We'll reschedule for another time.

              I might still do there in the mid/late-afternoon, but that's only tentative.

              > Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP
              > so we
              > can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.

              Sorry I won't be able to make it 11/25. I will most likely be in South
              Jersey visiting my family. Possibly a day in December, but that is a tough
              month with the holidays.

              Mark

              --

              From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel