InfoAge today / Next MARCH work day

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2006
      Today was the second day of InfoAge being open to the public.

      There wasn't any special advertising for today so it wasn't as busy as last
      week. But we did have a few visitors. David T. visited again to bring us
      more magazines and assorted vintage hardware. One of the highlights is an
      original Amiga with a unique serial color photography device. He also
      brought us a C-64C, different from the multiple ordinary C-64 units that we
      have. And he says there is much more to come in the near future. Later in
      the day, an older gentlemen visited with his son (the son is 46) to give
      Fred a radio with a connection to Camp Evans from the 1950s I believe. The
      son was more interested in computers so I showed him around. He asked if we
      have a PDP-11 and he seemed pleasantly surprised when I said yes. Dan Lieb
      (from the historic divers group) has been organizing the InfoAge gift shop;
      he framed one of Bill D.'s Commodore posters and hung it on the wall. We're
      selling them for $12 each, of which InfoAge gets $2. (Bill kindly donated
      them to MARCH.) Today was also a "key" day, as I announced recently; Larry
      Wilkins (the facilities guy) gave me a key to our museum hallways which we
      share with the Dan's diving group. Larry also eliminated the simple hasp on
      the Hotel's rear door (the most frequently used entrance for we volunteers)
      and replaced it with a regular lock, for which we now have a key as well.

      InfoAge will be closed next Sunday (11/26) due to Thanksgiving, and will
      re-open for Sunday, 12/3.

      Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP so we
      can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.

      - Evan
    • madodel
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2006
        On 11/19/06 Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP
        > so we
        > can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.

        Sorry I won't be able to make it 11/25. I will most likely be in South
        Jersey visiting my family. Possibly a day in December, but that is a tough
        month with the holidays.

        Mark

        --

        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

        http://www.warpstock.org

        http://www.os2voice.org

        Investigation, 1938
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2006
          I can't go this time, but hopefully next time. I have some items to bring
          that have been given to me to donate to InfoAge. Note that the poster
          proceeds should all go to InfoAge.
          Bill

          At 08:07 PM 11/19/2006 -0500, you wrote:
          >Today was the second day of InfoAge being open to the public.
          >
          >There wasn't any special advertising for today so it wasn't as busy as last
          >week. But we did have a few visitors. David T. visited again to bring us
          >more magazines and assorted vintage hardware. One of the highlights is an
          >original Amiga with a unique serial color photography device. He also
          >brought us a C-64C, different from the multiple ordinary C-64 units that we
          >have. And he says there is much more to come in the near future. Later in
          >the day, an older gentlemen visited with his son (the son is 46) to give
          >Fred a radio with a connection to Camp Evans from the 1950s I believe. The
          >son was more interested in computers so I showed him around. He asked if we
          >have a PDP-11 and he seemed pleasantly surprised when I said yes. Dan Lieb
          >(from the historic divers group) has been organizing the InfoAge gift shop;
          >he framed one of Bill D.'s Commodore posters and hung it on the wall. We're
          >selling them for $12 each, of which InfoAge gets $2. (Bill kindly donated
          >them to MARCH.) Today was also a "key" day, as I announced recently; Larry
          >Wilkins (the facilities guy) gave me a key to our museum hallways which we
          >share with the Dan's diving group. Larry also eliminated the simple hasp on
          >the Hotel's rear door (the most frequently used entrance for we volunteers)
          >and replaced it with a regular lock, for which we now have a key as well.
          >
          >InfoAge will be closed next Sunday (11/26) due to Thanksgiving, and will
          >re-open for Sunday, 12/3.
          >
          >Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP so we
          >can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.
          >
          >- Evan
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jeffrey Frady
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 19, 2006
            I'll be able to come on 11/25.

            On 19/11/06, madodel <madodel@...> wrote:

            On 11/19/06 Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP
            > so we
            > can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.

            Sorry I won't be able to make it 11/25. I will most likely be in South
            Jersey visiting my family. Possibly a day in December, but that is a tough
            month with the holidays.

            Mark

            --

            From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

            http://www.warpstock.org

            http://www.os2voice.org

            Investigation, 1938

            --
            Moderator at http://www.PalmInfocenter.com/
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
              We'll reschedule for another time.

              I might still do there in the mid/late-afternoon, but that's only tentative.

              > Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP
              > so we
              > can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.

              Sorry I won't be able to make it 11/25. I will most likely be in South
              Jersey visiting my family. Possibly a day in December, but that is a tough
              month with the holidays.

              Mark

              --

              From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

              http://www.warpstock.org

              http://www.os2voice.org

              Investigation, 1938

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 24, 2006
                Good, I said I was gonna go earlier but it turns out to be a bad time for me too.

                On 24/11/06, Evan Koblentz <evan@... > wrote:

                We'll reschedule for another time.

                I might still do there in the mid/late-afternoon, but that's only tentative.

                > Anyone up for a work day on Saturday, 11/25? Please let me know ASAP
                > so we
                > can see if there's enough interest to make it worthwhile.

                Sorry I won't be able to make it 11/25. I will most likely be in South
                Jersey visiting my family. Possibly a day in December, but that is a tough
                month with the holidays.

                Mark

                --

                From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel