recycling how do/getting rid of junk/electronics recycling

  • Bill Pileggi
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2006
      Evan, Not a lot of money in it. Minimally $2, to $4(at most) each.
      However, since we all(?) open up the computers we're given to see
      what's inside, half the work is done. It only takes 1-2 minutes to
      liberate the motherboard, cables, CPU and cards. When you aren't being
      careful about it, amazing how fast it can be accomplished. I pile all
      the HDDs into a box and take them all apart at once when I want to
      watch TV or a movie.

      I'm still collecting CPUs (have any 487s to share?)(still looking for
      certain 286 and 386 chips), VGA cards, some sound cards, so I HAVE TO
      open up the box to see the innards.

      If you have a kid, and a garage/basement full of junker computers
      (nothing classic!), an afternoon's worth of work (sitting down, no
      less!) could yield the kid $50-100+ or more... Bill KA3AIS

      Posted by: "Evan Koblentz" evan@... evan947
      So how much money can you typically get for an equally typical
      Pentium-class
      minitower? I ask only because it sounds like a lot of work for a little
      money... of course this whole discussion is (arguably) off-topic... since
      we'd never recycle anything worth collecting! :)