OS/2 people?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2005
      Well, OS/2 is borderline vintage, but here goes: there is an event
      called Warpstock 2005 happening Oct. 6-9 in Hershey, PA. The event is
      mainly for developers and IT workers who still use OS/2. They
      contacted me and would like to have a small "OS/2 Museum" at the show
      -- basically just a few systems running different versions of OS/2 to
      show its evolution. Can any MARCHers help them?

      If so, contact Mark Dodel at madodel@... or 570-420-9688.
      The web site is http://www.warpstock.org

      - Evan
    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2005
        I have a few copies of different OS/2 softwares.   If anyone is interested let me know and I will contribute whatever software I have.  I am currently on vacation (Mexico)...I will be available next week, and at that time I can check my software library for exact versions, etc.
        bd
      • billdeg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2005
          just to clarify my other post, I meant if anyone is interested in MARCH and needs a copy of OS/2, maybe I can help/collaborate.
          Bill
        • madodel@ptdprolog.net
          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2005
            In <1d7.3c66b896.2fb4ad0a@...>, on 05/12/05 at 08:58 AM,
            billdeg@... said:

            >just to clarify my other post, I meant if anyone is interested in MARCH
            >and needs a copy of OS/2, maybe I can help/collaborate.

            What versions of OS/2 do you have? I have documentation for most of the
            1.x releases including a set labelled "IBM Confidential" for 1.3 but no
            media. I hopefully can get some copies from an IBMer in Germany that will
            be coming to Warpstock. He said he has some old OS/2 software he plans to
            bring. What I need to find is an original IBM PS/2 Model 40 to run that
            stuff on. The model 40 was the first machine I had any experience with
            OS/2 on.

            Mark

            --

            From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

            Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005 http://www.warpstock.org
            Warpstock Europe 2005, Where/When? http://www.warpstock.net

            For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

            "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938