"Computer Notes" from 1976

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2006
      I've been looking through the first year of the "Computer Notes" newsletter,
      copies of which Erik Klein donated to us at VCF last weekend. These are
      great! The first year is almost entirely Altair-centric, with many articles
      written by Ed Roberts, Bill Gates, and Paul Allen. There's also BG's "Open
      Letter to Hobbyists" -- everyone knows that was printed in the Homebrew club
      newsletter; who knew it was printed elsewhere? In another section I found a
      list of computer clubs which includes the Amateur Computer Group of New
      Jersery, listing Sol Libes as the contact (he spoke at VCF East if you
      forgot!) ..... But best of all is just reading all the enthusiasm from users
      of 30 years ago. I'll bring these on Saturday.
    • Richard A. Cini
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2006

        Evan:

                    I have quite a few of these scanned on my Web site for those who want to read rather than posess:

        Rich

        Rich Cini

        Collector of classic computers

        Lead engineer, Altair32 Emulator

        Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/

        Web site: http://www.altair32.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2006
          I had no idea, Rich!  Thanks for sharing.

                      I have quite a few of these scanned on my Web site for those who want to read rather than posess: