RE: [midatlanticretro] Infoage visit report

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 9 , May 10, 2005
      Heard back from Fred, re: how he envisions the computer museum operating.  He said:

> [...]

      To me that's the right answer...

      Anybody have related or generic thoughts on how (or if) we should operate a club museum?

      Message 2 of 9 , May 11, 2005
        Evan,

        Now if you could get somebody like Walter Cronkite or James Earl Jones to narrate a dialogue about the various computers would be great. Have it recorded on a PC where someobdy could just press a button beside each exhibit for playback. Maybe the Infoage folks might have some connections to get somebody like that.

        Dan

        Message 3 of 9 , May 11, 2005
          Dan and all,

          The recorded descriptions for each exhibit is a great idea to supplement
          printed signs. I'm not certain Darth Vader is quite what we want. "This is
          the control room of the Death Star. Commander, you may fire at will." ;-) We
          could all record descriptions of different exhibits so there is variety. As
          for Conkite, I'll record a couple with a clothes pin on my nose - or is that
          Mister Rogers? So what would the exhibits be? I'm starting to see how this
          could work, and not everyone needs to be next door in New Jersey.

          Jim

          ---------------------------------

          operating. He said:

          first. We willstart opening it on a regular basis as we can. It takes time to
          buildattendance. The goal is to make it interactive so we do not need
          clubmembers / experts to convey the message/information. Plus, once wecapture
          the info from the experts their hard work and knowledge doesnot get lost.

          To me that's the right answer...

          Anybody have related or generic thoughts onhow (or if) we should operate a
          club museum?

          ---------------------------------

          > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

        • Evan
          Message 4 of 9 , May 11, 2005
            How about Grandpa Simpson?  "Back in my day, computers ran on steam, and they weren't called computers, they were called adding machines, and 'computers' meant 'people' and <SNORE....>" / "What!?  Who's there?  What's that about the Windows crashing?" / "Awww... no one appreciates old people... damn whippersnappers and their PCs."

            --

          • Dan
            Message 5 of 9 , May 13, 2005

              Just so long as you don't get Jar Jar Binks........."Mesa hating crunchin 'puters. Dats da last ting mesa wantin"

              Dan

              Message 6 of 9 , May 13, 2005
                <chuckle>

                --- Dan <ragooman@...> wrote:

                Just so long as you don't get Jar Jar Binks........."Mesa hatingcrunchin
                'puters. Dats da last ting mesa wantin"

                Dan

                Evan wrote: How about Grandpa Simpson? "Back in my day,computers ran