Another rescue -- Kaypro II

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2006
      We recently acquired a Kaypro II, from Ken P. (I might be wrong about the
      surname) in Manhattan. Ken originally posted it for free on Craigslist NYC,
      but nobody took it, so he found Erik Klein's forum
      (www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum) ... he contacted Erik who in turn
      contacted me.

      This one is very good condition and includes all of the original software
      and documents. It even has Non Linear Systems' original floppy disk cases.

      Our collection already includes an Osborne, so I'm very pleased to get the
      Kaypro II. (There was no Kaypro I. Supposedly the people at NLS thought
      the company would sound more established if the computer had "II" after it,
      a la Apple. However ours is the second generation -- the first generation
      was called the Kaycomp and had vertical single-density drives, but those
      were only made for a short time according to Mike N.'s book -- the
      second-gen was renamed the Kaypro and has horizontal double-density drives.