Free stuff in NJ (Woodbridge)

  • billydaugustine
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
      I posted the same message on VCForums, but I might as well post here,
      too.

      I have the following for offer:

      #1 - Two Xerox 820-IIs. Each has the keyboard, CPU unit, and a dual
      5.25" floppy drive. There is some assorted software. One of the units
      has been modified, in that a parallel cable of sorts has been drawn
      out the back case, and supposedly hooks to an old EPROM burner.

      #2 - A VAXstation 3100 (I think it's a /30). Not sure of the exact
      config, but I think it has 16mb of RAM, an an RD5x. No RRD4x CD-ROM
      reader. At the moment, I don't recall if it has the frame-buffer, as I
      was using it as an MV, rather than a VS.

      #3 - Some Commodore stuff. Two working C64s, one parts C64. Two 1541
      drives, one Magnavox composite monochrome monitor. Assorted software,
      games, maybe joysticks.

      I'm offering these as "lots", if you want one of the C64s, you'll take
      them all.

      You'll need to pickup at my house in Woodbridge NJ 07095.
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
        I'll take the commodore lot off your hands

        #1 - Two Xerox 820-IIs. Each has the keyboard, CPU unit, and a dual

        #2 - A VAXstation 3100 (I think it's a /30). Not sure of the exact

          #1 - Two Xerox 820-IIs. Each has the keyboard, CPU unit, and a dual

          #2 - A VAXstation 3100 (I think it's a /30). Not sure of the exact

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
            Mike,

            Bill agreed to donate everything but the Commodores to our museum (we already have too many of those!), but I could use some help in transporting them from Woodbridge to Wall/InfoAge.  However since there are two of the 820s and you asked nicely, we can share.  MARCH will take one and, assuming it's cool with Bill, you can have the other one.

            - Evan

            #1 - Two Xerox 820-IIs. Each has the keyboard, CPU unit, and a dual

            #2 - A VAXstation 3100 (I think it's a /30). Not sure of the exact

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
              Wait, if the rest of the stuff is going to infoage, could the commodore stuff go there as well? It would be much easier for me to pick up from Wall than Woodbridge.

              #1 - Two Xerox 820-IIs. Each has the keyboard, CPU unit, and a dual

              #2 - A VAXstation 3100 (I think it's a /30). Not sure of the exact

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
                Potentially.  No way all this stuff fits in my car.

                #1 - Two Xerox 820-IIs. Each has the keyboard, CPU unit, and a dual

                #2 - A VAXstation 3100 (I think it's a /30). Not sure of the exact

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 17, 2006
                  M. Frank wrote:
                  > Bill I'd love an 820 especially with the drives and/or software, I
                  > work close to Woodbridge so pickup would be at your conveniance
                  > Thanks Mike

                  Hi Mike,

                  One of the 820's just went to Evan, so the other is still available. I
                  did give the CP/M disks to him, also, but I'm sure you should be able to
                  arrange a duplicate.

                  Let me know.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 17, 2006
                    Speaking of Xerox.. I am looking for a "Xerox 8/16" if anyone has one
                    locally (150 miles from Wilmington, DE).
                    Bill D