Re: Digital DEC Decwriter III Terminal

  • buseyl
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2006
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <jscheef@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello all and particularly people in and near Maryland,
      >
      > For those with early S-100 machines and the PDP crowd, I just
      noticed this on eBay with a reasonable starting bid:Digital DEC
      Decwriter III Terminalhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-DEC-Decwriter-III-
      Terminal_W0QQitemZ110041563461QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIt
      em

      Wow! It's not just a Decwriter. The seller is parting out a whole Vax
      11/730 and PDP-11/03 system. I'm not too far away but it's a lot of
      stuff. Is anyone going after this?

      Liam
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 14, 2006
        Liam,

        Ask the guy if he would be willing to donate the best pieces to a computer museum. Asking is free...

        I'm happy right now trying to set up the uVAX that I picked up a few weeks back, although I'll take any DECconnect cabling anyone is willing to donate. Currently making space for this in my basement as proven to be a much larger project than I realized. I hope to make the uVAX available to MARCH members in the coming months.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2006
          It was all up for auction along with the Decwriter. It was pickup
          only. I put in a few bids in the interest of keeping it off the curb
          but surprisingly lost by a fair margin. I had no idea there was this
          much ~local interest in that sort of thing. :)

          The seller was "surplusvaxsales" if you want to check out the
          completed auctions.

          If anyone here won, and isn't too far away, I may be available to
          help you move the loot.

          Liam