Digital DEC Decwriter III Terminal

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
      Hello all and particularly people in and near Maryland,

      For those with early S-100 machines and the PDP crowd, I just noticed this on eBay with a reasonable starting bid:

      Digital DEC Decwriter III Terminal

      http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-DEC-Decwriter-III-Terminal_W0QQitemZ110041563461QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
        While on the subject of DEC printers, I have a newer DEC 100 desk
        printer, I think it's a daisy wheel, very nice shape for sale/trade/come
        take it. It's of the same genre as the Rainbow/Professional 350.

        Bill

        At Tuesday, 10 October 2006, you wrote:

        >Hello all and particularly people in and near Maryland,For those
        with early S-100 machines and the PDP crowd, I just noticed this
        on eBay with a reasonable starting bid:Digital DEC Decwriter III
        Terminalhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-DEC-Decwriter-III-Terminal_W0QQitemZ110041563461QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

        -- E N D --
      • buseyl
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2006
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <jscheef@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello all and particularly people in and near Maryland,
          >
          > For those with early S-100 machines and the PDP crowd, I just
          noticed this on eBay with a reasonable starting bid:Digital DEC
          Decwriter III Terminalhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-DEC-Decwriter-III-
          Terminal_W0QQitemZ110041563461QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIt
          em

          Wow! It's not just a Decwriter. The seller is parting out a whole Vax
          11/730 and PDP-11/03 system. I'm not too far away but it's a lot of
          stuff. Is anyone going after this?

          Liam
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 14, 2006
            Liam,

            Ask the guy if he would be willing to donate the best pieces to a computer museum. Asking is free...

            I'm happy right now trying to set up the uVAX that I picked up a few weeks back, although I'll take any DECconnect cabling anyone is willing to donate. Currently making space for this in my basement as proven to be a much larger project than I realized. I hope to make the uVAX available to MARCH members in the coming months.

            Jim

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 15, 2006
              It was all up for auction along with the Decwriter. It was pickup
              only. I put in a few bids in the interest of keeping it off the curb
              but surprisingly lost by a fair margin. I had no idea there was this
              much ~local interest in that sort of thing. :)

              The seller was "surplusvaxsales" if you want to check out the
              completed auctions.

              If anyone here won, and isn't too far away, I may be available to
              help you move the loot.

              Liam