Reminder -- work day Saturday

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2006
      As previously announced, we'll continue working at the InfoAge site this
      Saturday, starting at 10am.

      There is a choice -- we can work more on our museum rooms, or we can do some
      general InfoAge-related work. I hope that we can do some of both, although
      much of the general InfoAge work was done this weekend, so there might not
      be too much left. (InfoAge is doing one of those Haunted Halloween events
      as a fundraiser. It will be the "Haunted Hotel" open Oct. 20-21 and 27-28,
      from 6-10pm. They plan to share the event revenue with each member group,
      based on how many volunteers participate from each group. I'll sign up for
      as many nights as possible, although we will decline to build a
      MARCH-sponsored scary exhibit... it's just not practical for us to execute
      right now despite the many fun ideas (we could give "Drive Crash" and "Blue
      Screen of Death" a whole new meaning!) I might at least decorate our wall
      area outside of the preview room if more wry humor suggestions come from
      your twisted minds. :)

      We can also take delivery this weekend of Nick Lordi's EAI TR-20 and Altair
      8800. Assuming good cosmetic condition, we'll make room for these in our
      secure preview room. Our basement storage area is also secure, as is the
      repair workshop.

      Nick says we'll need at least a station wagon or minivan, etc. to move these
      computers. The good news: Nick only lives 15-20 minutes from InfoAge, so
      even if nobody from MARCH is available to help, then we can ask for help
      from other InfoAge people. A few of them have vans and I think they would
      be happy to help us.

      - Evan
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2006
        > As previously announced, we'll continue working at the InfoAge site this
        > Saturday, starting at 10am.

        I will be bringing up the furniture this workday. If needed after unloading
        we can use the Suburban to pick up the other stuff.

        Should I bring any tools/supplies for the workday?

        Any desire to work on the 8 or to have me take home parts of it to
        check out or best to concentrate on the space for now?

        Furniture haul
        3 5'x30" folding table
        2 6'x30" folding table
        1 5'x30" normal table
        2 4'x24" normal table
        2 computerish tables 4'x24", 3'x30"
        2 6' bookcases
      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2006
          I'll be there.

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2006
            Thanks. I think we'll accept your schlepping assistance! Do you plan to
            arrive for 10-ish?

            We can take an initial look at the 8's operational status. That's also an
            opportunity to inaugurate the repair workshop... There are some basic tools
            but bring anything specific that you might need.

            > As previously announced, we'll continue working at the InfoAge site
            > this Saturday, starting at 10am.

            I will be bringing up the furniture this workday. If needed after unloading
            we can use the Suburban to pick up the other stuff.

            Should I bring any tools/supplies for the workday?

            Any desire to work on the 8 or to have me take home parts of it to check out
            or best to concentrate on the space for now?

            Furniture haul
            3 5'x30" folding table
            2 6'x30" folding table
            1 5'x30" normal table
            2 4'x24" normal table
            2 computerish tables 4'x24", 3'x30"
            2 6' bookcases

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • madodel
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2006
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > As previously announced, we'll continue working at the InfoAge site this
              > Saturday, starting at 10am.

              Evan,

              Sorry but I can't make it this weekend. If there is another one in November
              and/or December I will really try my best to make it.

              Mark

              --

              From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

              http://www.warpstock.org

              http://www.os2voice.org

              Investigation, 1938
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 9, 2006
                David,

                Fabulous! Thank you!

                Jim

                > As previously announced, we'll continue working at the InfoAge site this
                > Saturday, starting at 10am.

                I will be bringing up the furniture this workday. If needed after unloading
                we can use the Suburban to pick up the other stuff.

                Should I bring any tools/supplies for the workday?

                Any desire to work on the 8 or to have me take home parts of it to
                check out or best to concentrate on the space for now?

                Furniture haul
                3 5'x30" folding table
                2 6'x30" folding table
                1 5'x30" normal table
                2 4'x24" normal table
                2 computerish tables 4'x24", 3'x30"
                2 6' bookcases

              • Jeffrey Frady
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 9, 2006
                  I won't be there.  I will be at Digital Life in NYC on the 14th.

                  On 09/10/06, madodel <madodel@... > wrote:

                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  > As previously announced, we'll continue working at the InfoAge site this
                  > Saturday, starting at 10am.

                  Evan,

                  Sorry but I can't make it this weekend. If there is another one in November
                  and/or December I will really try my best to make it.

                  Mark

                  --

                  From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                  http://www.warpstock.org

                  http://www.os2voice.org

                  Investigation, 1938

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 9, 2006
                    Bring me back some gadgets and/or booth babes!

                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Frady"
                    <Legodude522@...> wrote:

                    > I won't be there. I will be at Digital Life in NYC on the 14th.
                    >
                    > On 09/10/06, madodel <madodel@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Evan Koblentz wrote:
                    > > > As previously announced, we'll continue working at the InfoAge
                    site this
                    > > > Saturday, starting at 10am.
                    > >
                    > > Evan,
                    > >
                    > > Sorry but I can't make it this weekend. If there is another one in
                    > > November
                    > > and/or December I will really try my best to make it.
                    > >
                    > > Mark
                    > >
                    > > --
                    > >
                    > > From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel
                    > >
                    > > Warpstock 2006 - Windsor, Ontario, Canada, October 12-15th,
                    > > http://www.warpstock.org
                    > > Warpstock Europe - http://www.warpstock.net
                    > >
                    > > For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE -
                    > > http://www.os2voice.org
                    > >
                    > > "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the
                    > > growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than
                    their
                    > > democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism -
                    ownership of
                    > > government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private
                    > > power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly
                    > > Investigation, 1938

                  • David Gesswein
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 10, 2006
                      > Thanks. I think we'll accept your schlepping assistance! Do you plan to
                      > arrive for 10-ish?

                      Its probably 3.5 hours so hope to be their by 11.