2006 Holiday Party, 2007 MARCH Memberships

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
      Hi all,

      I will send an update on today's swap meet in the next day or two. We're
      determining exactly how much fundraising got done. I expect a figure in the
      range of $200 - $250 depending on some variables. The most important thing:
      everyone had FUN despite a low buyer turn-out.

      We've still got 2.5 months to go in the calendar year, and we'll definitely
      have another work day or two down at InfoAge (including this Saturday at
      10am.) The InfoAge board is also considering some kind of year-end party
      for all of the volunteers. Details to come later.

      We got TONS accomplished this year. We carved our role at InfoAge from
      background participant into full citizen with the preview room, our museum
      progress, and our continued participation in InfoAge fundraiser events. We
      had another successful Trenton show, we blew everyone away at HOPE, and of
      course, the VCF East 3.0 was successful beyond our wildest expectations.
      Today's swap meet could be much, much, much bigger if we plan it better next
      year (that's no slight at Bill Degnan, who worked very hard for this event.)
      And as of this week, our Yahoo list membership is 125 people.

      Bryan Pope volunteered his apartment for a MARCH holiday party sometime in
      early December. Bryan, I think you said you live in Stratford. N.J., is
      that correct? Anyway, before we do serious planning, we need to know who's
      interested in coming.

      As of now, we're accepting $20 donations for 2007 official memberships.
      Just like last year there are a few exceptions -- mainly anyone who is
      younger than age 18 or who made an approved alternative donation (i.e.,
      major furniture), etc.

      It is very important to realize that EVERYONE'S membership expires after
      2006 (again, with some exceptions, such as people who just joined in the
      last few weeks.)

      Therefore the slate is basically wiped clean for you 2006 members. Most of
      you donated back in fall '05 / early '06 during out previous membership
      drive.

      In addition to today's swap meet revenue, the 2007 membership drive will
      carry us through to VCF East 4.0 next spring, which is our next major
      fundraising event. We'll encounter many museum bills by then, and in the
      springtime we will also need to renew our liability insurance which in 2006
      was more than $400 (yes, we shopped around.)

      So -- start renewing please!!! We prefer that you use paypal with the
      address marchpaypal@... but you can also send checks to treasurer Jim
      Scheef (email Jim at jscheef@... for details.)

      Another important aspect of a new calendar year is the renewal of we club
      officers. Nobody ever voted for us; we don't have a formal process for that
      yet. However, in the meantime I will begin talking to the current officers
      to see about their 2007 plans, and anyone interested in getting involved at
      the club management level should email me off-list please. I'd also really
      like to see off-list feedback on my own performance as club president. I
      will share the feedback (good and bad alike) with the other officers. We'll
      be looking for an informal but majority vote of confidence that you people
      are content with me continuing as the leader. As I told the original small
      group of MARCHins at TCF (April) 2005 -- this isn't my club, it's yours.

      - Evan
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2006
        > So -- start renewing please!!! We prefer that you use paypal with the
        > address marchpaypal@... but you can also send checks to treasurer Jim
        > Scheef (email Jim at jscheef@... for details.)

        I started to but paypal displayed

        Payment Sent To: marchpaypal@...
        Account Status: This recipient is not yet registered. PayPal will send an email to the recipient explaining how to complete your transaction.

        Is that account correct?
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 11, 2006
          Sorry. The correct address is: marchpaypal@....