Re: Bringing to swap fest

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
      --- Dan Veeneman <dan@...> wrote:

      > Herb,
      >
      > Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Dan

      It's all I can do to review and gather what I have which fits the
      criteria; then decide what will fit in my station wagon! I will set
      prices if I can by Saturday. But these items are generally not part of
      my S-100 and earlier interests, I've not thought about them in years.
      Most of these items will not be tested and will be sold as-is; items
      known to work will be described accordingly but still offered AS IS.
      And I don't have prices determined yet.

      Nonetheless I don't plan to give them away either. I don't plan to
      drive over 100 miles each way to sell a computer for $5. And some
      items can have a value determined fairly easily and so I'll price them
      accordingly.

      If you see something of interest LET ME KNOW. Even if we don't make a
      deal, a show of interest encourages me to bring it down; otherwise you
      might be disappointed.

      And...here are some additional items I've uncovered.

      * Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop,
      in travel bag, A/C supply.
      * NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag,
      original manuals, A/C supply.
      * TI 99/4a with manuals
      * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155</b>.

      Details at the link below.

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

      Herb Johnson
    • Herb Johnson
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
        Here's an update to my list of likely items to bring Saturday, as
        of 7PM Oct 6th. This will change certainly after I pack my car.

        Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
        based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
        my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
        specifics and details. *'ed items are newly listed or changed since
        last notice.

        http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

        Books and magazines:
        Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
        Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
        drives
        Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

        Computers:
        Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box, manuals, A/C supply. working
        Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop, in travel bag, A/C supply. working.
        NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag, original manuals, A/C supply.
        Bad drives.
        TI 99/4a with manuals, no power supply untested.
        * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155, DEAD.
        IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested

        VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
        * Osborne 1 computers - need work, so will not bring
        Apple Mac Classic in box, was working
        Apple Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
        has external nonstandard video was working last tested

        Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
        * HP 87XM, two systems. working.
        * HP 9816, worked but needs keyboard.

        Printer and plotter
        HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, not tested
        Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
        Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
        Apple Imagewriter IILQ, l-o-n-g model in box
        * Canon PJ 1080A color inkjet, in box w/manual

        Other items
        Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
        Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
        S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
          Herb:
            Of course, depending on price, I'd be interested in the TRS-80 Model III.

          Kelly