Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Bringing to swap fest

  • Dan Veeneman
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
      Herb,

      Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?

      Cheers,

      Dan

      > Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
      > based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
      > my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
      > specifics and details.
      >
      > http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html
      >
      > Books and magazines:
      > Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
      > Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
      > drives
      > Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals
      >
      > Computers:
      > NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
      > ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
      > Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
      > VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
      > Osborne 1 computers untested
      > Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
      > Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
      > ---supports external nonstandard video
      > IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
      > Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
      > HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...
      >
      > Printer and plotter
      > HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
      > Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
      > Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
      > Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box
      >
      > Other items
      > Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
      > Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth
      >
      > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
      > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
      > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
      > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
      > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Herb Johnson
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
        --- Dan Veeneman <dan@...> wrote:

        > Herb,
        >
        > Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Dan

        It's all I can do to review and gather what I have which fits the
        criteria; then decide what will fit in my station wagon! I will set
        prices if I can by Saturday. But these items are generally not part of
        my S-100 and earlier interests, I've not thought about them in years.
        Most of these items will not be tested and will be sold as-is; items
        known to work will be described accordingly but still offered AS IS.
        And I don't have prices determined yet.

        Nonetheless I don't plan to give them away either. I don't plan to
        drive over 100 miles each way to sell a computer for $5. And some
        items can have a value determined fairly easily and so I'll price them
        accordingly.

        If you see something of interest LET ME KNOW. Even if we don't make a
        deal, a show of interest encourages me to bring it down; otherwise you
        might be disappointed.

        And...here are some additional items I've uncovered.

        * Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop,
        in travel bag, A/C supply.
        * NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag,
        original manuals, A/C supply.
        * TI 99/4a with manuals
        * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155</b>.

        Details at the link below.

        http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

        Herb Johnson
      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
          Here's an update to my list of likely items to bring Saturday, as
          of 7PM Oct 6th. This will change certainly after I pack my car.

          Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
          based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
          my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
          specifics and details. *'ed items are newly listed or changed since
          last notice.

          http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

          Books and magazines:
          Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
          Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
          drives
          Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

          Computers:
          Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box, manuals, A/C supply. working
          Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop, in travel bag, A/C supply. working.
          NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag, original manuals, A/C supply.
          Bad drives.
          TI 99/4a with manuals, no power supply untested.
          * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155, DEAD.
          IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested

          VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
          * Osborne 1 computers - need work, so will not bring
          Apple Mac Classic in box, was working
          Apple Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
          has external nonstandard video was working last tested

          Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
          * HP 87XM, two systems. working.
          * HP 9816, worked but needs keyboard.

          Printer and plotter
          HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, not tested
          Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
          Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
          Apple Imagewriter IILQ, l-o-n-g model in box
          * Canon PJ 1080A color inkjet, in box w/manual

          Other items
          Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
          Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

          Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
          S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
            Herb:
              Of course, depending on price, I'd be interested in the TRS-80 Model III.

            Kelly