Re: Bringing to swap fest

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
      Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
      based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
      my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
      specifics and details.

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

      Books and magazines:
      Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
      Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
      drives
      Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

      Computers:
      NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
      ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
      Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
      VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
      Osborne 1 computers untested
      Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
      Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
      ---supports external nonstandard video
      IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
      Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
      HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...

      Printer and plotter
      HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
      Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
      Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
      Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box

      Other items
      Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
      Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
      S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
    • Dan Veeneman
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
        Herb,

        Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?

        Cheers,

        Dan

        > Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
        > based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
        > my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
        > specifics and details.
        >
        > http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html
        >
        > Books and magazines:
        > Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
        > Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
        > drives
        > Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals
        >
        > Computers:
        > NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
        > ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
        > Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
        > VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
        > Osborne 1 computers untested
        > Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
        > Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
        > ---supports external nonstandard video
        > IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
        > Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
        > HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...
        >
        > Printer and plotter
        > HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
        > Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
        > Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
        > Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box
        >
        > Other items
        > Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
        > Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth
        >
        > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
        > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
        > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
        > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
        > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
          --- Dan Veeneman <dan@...> wrote:

          > Herb,
          >
          > Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Dan

          It's all I can do to review and gather what I have which fits the
          criteria; then decide what will fit in my station wagon! I will set
          prices if I can by Saturday. But these items are generally not part of
          my S-100 and earlier interests, I've not thought about them in years.
          Most of these items will not be tested and will be sold as-is; items
          known to work will be described accordingly but still offered AS IS.
          And I don't have prices determined yet.

          Nonetheless I don't plan to give them away either. I don't plan to
          drive over 100 miles each way to sell a computer for $5. And some
          items can have a value determined fairly easily and so I'll price them
          accordingly.

          If you see something of interest LET ME KNOW. Even if we don't make a
          deal, a show of interest encourages me to bring it down; otherwise you
          might be disappointed.

          And...here are some additional items I've uncovered.

          * Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop,
          in travel bag, A/C supply.
          * NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag,
          original manuals, A/C supply.
          * TI 99/4a with manuals
          * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155</b>.

          Details at the link below.

          http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

          Herb Johnson
        • Herb Johnson
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
            Here's an update to my list of likely items to bring Saturday, as
            of 7PM Oct 6th. This will change certainly after I pack my car.

            Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
            based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
            my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
            specifics and details. *'ed items are newly listed or changed since
            last notice.

            http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

            Books and magazines:
            Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
            Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
            drives
            Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

            Computers:
            Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box, manuals, A/C supply. working
            Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop, in travel bag, A/C supply. working.
            NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag, original manuals, A/C supply.
            Bad drives.
            TI 99/4a with manuals, no power supply untested.
            * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155, DEAD.
            IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested

            VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
            * Osborne 1 computers - need work, so will not bring
            Apple Mac Classic in box, was working
            Apple Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
            has external nonstandard video was working last tested

            Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
            * HP 87XM, two systems. working.
            * HP 9816, worked but needs keyboard.

            Printer and plotter
            HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, not tested
            Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
            Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
            Apple Imagewriter IILQ, l-o-n-g model in box
            * Canon PJ 1080A color inkjet, in box w/manual

            Other items
            Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
            Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

            Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
            S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
          • Kelly Leavitt
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
              Herb:
                Of course, depending on price, I'd be interested in the TRS-80 Model III.

              Kelly