Re: [midatlanticretro] Interesting note about our swap meet this weekend

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
      On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > I hope to see many MARCHins this Saturday.

      I hope to see some people show up, besides the vendors. I would like
      to return home with LESS than I brought. :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
        There are some non-MARCH persons signed up too. There are some people coming
        down Friday night. Maybe we can all get together for dinner.

        For those of you coming Friday night, make your way to Trolley Square or the
        RiverFront, these are the best places for food, drink, activities Friday night.

        Bill D

        In a message dated 10/5/2006 12:44:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        evan@... writes:

        << According to VCF's Sellam Ismail, nobody has ever done an all-vintage swap
        meet before. I'm a bit skeptical of that claim, but he would know better
        than me! Said he: "As far as I know this is the first specifically vintage
        computer billed swap meet ever. I wouldn't be surprised if some
        way-too-ahead-of-his-time nerd did this in the early to mid-1990s, but until
        I hear of that I'll consider you guys the pioneers."

        I hope to see many MARCHins this Saturday. >>
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
          Bill,

          A dinner get together would be great. I'll call when I get to Delaware. I'm staying down town a couple blocks from the Delaware History Museum. Does everyone know that this is the site of the swap? Look for the museum.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
            There is a map and directions on the http://www.marchclub.org web site.