Re: [midatlanticretro] Interesting note about our swap meet this weekend

  • William Donzelli
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
      > According to VCF's Sellam Ismail, nobody has ever done an all-vintage swap
      > meet before. I'm a bit skeptical of that claim, but he would know better
      > than me! Said he: "As far as I know this is the first specifically vintage
      > computer billed swap meet ever. I wouldn't be surprised if some
      > way-too-ahead-of-his-time nerd did this in the early to mid-1990s, but until
      > I hear of that I'll consider you guys the pioneers."

      RCS had a vintage computer swap meet, must be four or five years back
      now. As usual, it was very poorly publicized, and did not make a dent.

      --
      Will
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
        On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > I hope to see many MARCHins this Saturday.

        I hope to see some people show up, besides the vendors. I would like
        to return home with LESS than I brought. :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • billdeg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
          There are some non-MARCH persons signed up too. There are some people coming
          down Friday night. Maybe we can all get together for dinner.

          For those of you coming Friday night, make your way to Trolley Square or the
          RiverFront, these are the best places for food, drink, activities Friday night.

          Bill D

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
            Bill,

            A dinner get together would be great. I'll call when I get to Delaware. I'm staying down town a couple blocks from the Delaware History Museum. Does everyone know that this is the site of the swap? Look for the museum.

            Jim

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
              There is a map and directions on the http://www.marchclub.org web site.