Interesting note about our swap meet this weekend

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
      According to VCF's Sellam Ismail, nobody has ever done an all-vintage swap
      meet before. I'm a bit skeptical of that claim, but he would know better
      than me! Said he: "As far as I know this is the first specifically vintage
      computer billed swap meet ever. I wouldn't be surprised if some
      way-too-ahead-of-his-time nerd did this in the early to mid-1990s, but until
      I hear of that I'll consider you guys the pioneers."

      I hope to see many MARCHins this Saturday.
    • William Donzelli
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
        > According to VCF's Sellam Ismail, nobody has ever done an all-vintage swap
        > meet before. I'm a bit skeptical of that claim, but he would know better
        > than me! Said he: "As far as I know this is the first specifically vintage
        > computer billed swap meet ever. I wouldn't be surprised if some
        > way-too-ahead-of-his-time nerd did this in the early to mid-1990s, but until
        > I hear of that I'll consider you guys the pioneers."

        RCS had a vintage computer swap meet, must be four or five years back
        now. As usual, it was very poorly publicized, and did not make a dent.

        --
        Will
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
          On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > I hope to see many MARCHins this Saturday.

          I hope to see some people show up, besides the vendors. I would like
          to return home with LESS than I brought. :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • billdeg@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
            There are some non-MARCH persons signed up too. There are some people coming
            down Friday night. Maybe we can all get together for dinner.

            For those of you coming Friday night, make your way to Trolley Square or the
            RiverFront, these are the best places for food, drink, activities Friday night.

            Bill D

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
              Bill,

              A dinner get together would be great. I'll call when I get to Delaware. I'm staying down town a couple blocks from the Delaware History Museum. Does everyone know that this is the site of the swap? Look for the museum.

              Jim

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
                There is a map and directions on the http://www.marchclub.org web site.