Re: [midatlanticretro] Bringing to swap fest

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
      Evan,

      Kelly said you are "non-computer", not inanimate!

      Jim

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
        Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
        based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
        my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
        specifics and details.

        http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

        Books and magazines:
        Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
        Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
        drives
        Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

        Computers:
        NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
        ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
        Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
        VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
        Osborne 1 computers untested
        Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
        Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
        ---supports external nonstandard video
        IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
        Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
        HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...

        Printer and plotter
        HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
        Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
        Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
        Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box

        Other items
        Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
        Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
        S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
      • Dan Veeneman
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
          Herb,

          Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?

          Cheers,

          Dan

          > Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
          > based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
          > my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
          > specifics and details.
          >
          > http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html
          >
          > Books and magazines:
          > Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
          > Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
          > drives
          > Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals
          >
          > Computers:
          > NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
          > ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
          > Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
          > VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
          > Osborne 1 computers untested
          > Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
          > Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
          > ---supports external nonstandard video
          > IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
          > Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
          > HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...
          >
          > Printer and plotter
          > HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
          > Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
          > Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
          > Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box
          >
          > Other items
          > Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
          > Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth
          >
          > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
          > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
          > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
          > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
          > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Herb Johnson
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
            --- Dan Veeneman <dan@...> wrote:

            > Herb,
            >
            > Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Dan

            It's all I can do to review and gather what I have which fits the
            criteria; then decide what will fit in my station wagon! I will set
            prices if I can by Saturday. But these items are generally not part of
            my S-100 and earlier interests, I've not thought about them in years.
            Most of these items will not be tested and will be sold as-is; items
            known to work will be described accordingly but still offered AS IS.
            And I don't have prices determined yet.

            Nonetheless I don't plan to give them away either. I don't plan to
            drive over 100 miles each way to sell a computer for $5. And some
            items can have a value determined fairly easily and so I'll price them
            accordingly.

            If you see something of interest LET ME KNOW. Even if we don't make a
            deal, a show of interest encourages me to bring it down; otherwise you
            might be disappointed.

            And...here are some additional items I've uncovered.

            * Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop,
            in travel bag, A/C supply.
            * NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag,
            original manuals, A/C supply.
            * TI 99/4a with manuals
            * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155</b>.

            Details at the link below.

            http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

            Herb Johnson
          • Herb Johnson
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
              Here's an update to my list of likely items to bring Saturday, as
              of 7PM Oct 6th. This will change certainly after I pack my car.

              Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
              based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
              my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
              specifics and details. *'ed items are newly listed or changed since
              last notice.

              http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

              Books and magazines:
              Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
              Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
              drives
              Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

              Computers:
              Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box, manuals, A/C supply. working
              Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop, in travel bag, A/C supply. working.
              NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag, original manuals, A/C supply.
              Bad drives.
              TI 99/4a with manuals, no power supply untested.
              * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155, DEAD.
              IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested

              VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
              * Osborne 1 computers - need work, so will not bring
              Apple Mac Classic in box, was working
              Apple Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
              has external nonstandard video was working last tested

              Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
              * HP 87XM, two systems. working.
              * HP 9816, worked but needs keyboard.

              Printer and plotter
              HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, not tested
              Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
              Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
              Apple Imagewriter IILQ, l-o-n-g model in box
              * Canon PJ 1080A color inkjet, in box w/manual

              Other items
              Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
              Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

              Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
              S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
            • Kelly Leavitt
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                Herb:
                  Of course, depending on price, I'd be interested in the TRS-80 Model III.

                Kelly