Swap Meet Tips - Plan Now for October 7th.

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
      Wilmington Vintage Computer Swap Meet
      www.marchclub.org/swapmeet.htm

      ANYONE PLANNING TO BE AT THE EVENT EARLY (BEFORE 10AM Sat or Friday)
      PLEASE CONTACT ME TO COORDINATE LOAD IN. ASSISTANTS WANTED.
      I (BIll D) plan to work on set up Friday and I already have a lot of
      items stored at my office down the street for easy transport.

      Here are some tips for the Wilmington intage computer swap meet this
      Saturday Oct 7th:

      -Bring a dolly/cart.
      *-Almost everyone who attends the event will have the opportunity to
      take something home with them.
      *-This is a good event to trade, buy and sell items that are heavy
      (like printers and monitors), or are fragile like S-100 systems.
      *-You're not allowed to leave any items behind! No exceptions.
      *-Do not assume that your donation will be accepted by MARCH, there
      may not be room to take everything.

      -=Make it worth your trouble
      *-If you're going to take the trouble to cart a bunch of stuff to the
      swapmeet, you might as well clean it to maximize it's sale/trade
      value.
      *-Parts are great, but also bring some good working items that you
      have doubles of; you don't want to regret not bringing something to
      bargain with, especially if you don't have a lot of cash.
      *-If possible be prepared to identify and discuss the operational
      status of the items you're selling (or ask someone to help).
      *-If you're trying to sell an entire system, include the
      software/power cords, etc.
      *- If you're not going to burn the place down, set up the item and
      power it on!

      -=The Auction: 2:30
      -. The best/clean/working/complete/boxed items will be selected for
      the auction.
      -.Anyone can participate in the auction as a buyer or seller - please
      ask if you want to include your item in the auction.
      -. We're going to wait until the day of the event to select the items
      for the auction, so potentially any item can be auctioned. See the
      swapmeet listing (www.marchclub.org/swapmeet_listing.cfm)
      -. You can also sell/trade items that are scheduled for the auction.
      If a scheduled item is sold/traded the item will simply be removed
      from the final list. This way sellers have two ways to sell their
      items.

      ANYONE PLANNING TO BE AT THE EVENT EARLY (BEFORE 10AM) PLEASE CONTACT
      ME TO COORDINATE LOAD IN

      Bill D

      -- E N D --
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
        Myself, Kelly, and Sridhar will be there together about 30 minutes early.