Re: Bringing to swap fest

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
      I'm finally getting time to review my stuff and see what I can bring
      to Deleware and which is older than 1990. It's still a lot of stuff,
      and I have a small station wagon. So I'm listing what I COULD bring on
      my Web site:

      http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

      and I'd like some feedback as to what people would like to see from
      that list. There are things like books and magazine that I COULD bring
      if someone will buy them, otherwise they take up space and weight. I
      have oscilloscopes which drew a little interest - but I need to know
      WHICH ONES to bring!

      Of course I have computers and plotters and stuff, many items not
      listed on my site. These were held for many years in the deep reaches
      of my basement..I mean my constant-temperature storage facility...and
      are only now coming to light!

      Regretably, I don't plan to bring much from the S-100 world. Next year
      things will be different; I'll push in 2007 for much more S-100 items
      and activities. But I'll try to list some S-100 items in a later
      version of my page: my priority of the moment is other stuff not in my
      direct line of interest. Translation: the cheap stuff is listed first!

      The rest is accumulated bits of stuff from old hamfests.

      Putting my list on my Web site makes it easy for me to update and
      modify. Anyone is welcome to link to that page. If there is good
      feedback I may keep it up well after the event, for MARCH members to
      look at for the status of some of the items I've specifically listed.
      Otherwise it has links to the usual places on my Web site.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        >>> I meet the ten-year rule.
        >>> Peace... Sridhar
        >
        > I beg you not to start on THAT topic.

        LOL

        Peace... Sridhar
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
          Evan,

          Kelly said you are "non-computer", not inanimate!

          Jim

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
            Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
            based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
            my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
            specifics and details.

            http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

            Books and magazines:
            Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
            Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
            drives
            Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

            Computers:
            NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
            ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
            Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
            VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
            Osborne 1 computers untested
            Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
            Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
            ---supports external nonstandard video
            IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
            Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
            HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...

            Printer and plotter
            HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
            Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
            Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
            Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box

            Other items
            Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
            Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

            Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
            S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
          • Dan Veeneman
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
              Herb,

              Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?

              Cheers,

              Dan

              > Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
              > based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
              > my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
              > specifics and details.
              >
              > http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html
              >
              > Books and magazines:
              > Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
              > Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
              > drives
              > Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals
              >
              > Computers:
              > NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
              > ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
              > Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
              > VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
              > Osborne 1 computers untested
              > Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
              > Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
              > ---supports external nonstandard video
              > IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
              > Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
              > HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...
              >
              > Printer and plotter
              > HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
              > Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
              > Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
              > Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box
              >
              > Other items
              > Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
              > Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth
              >
              > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
              > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
              > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
              > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
              > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Herb Johnson
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                --- Dan Veeneman <dan@...> wrote:

                > Herb,
                >
                > Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Dan

                It's all I can do to review and gather what I have which fits the
                criteria; then decide what will fit in my station wagon! I will set
                prices if I can by Saturday. But these items are generally not part of
                my S-100 and earlier interests, I've not thought about them in years.
                Most of these items will not be tested and will be sold as-is; items
                known to work will be described accordingly but still offered AS IS.
                And I don't have prices determined yet.

                Nonetheless I don't plan to give them away either. I don't plan to
                drive over 100 miles each way to sell a computer for $5. And some
                items can have a value determined fairly easily and so I'll price them
                accordingly.

                If you see something of interest LET ME KNOW. Even if we don't make a
                deal, a show of interest encourages me to bring it down; otherwise you
                might be disappointed.

                And...here are some additional items I've uncovered.

                * Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop,
                in travel bag, A/C supply.
                * NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag,
                original manuals, A/C supply.
                * TI 99/4a with manuals
                * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155</b>.

                Details at the link below.

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                  Here's an update to my list of likely items to bring Saturday, as
                  of 7PM Oct 6th. This will change certainly after I pack my car.

                  Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                  based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                  my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                  specifics and details. *'ed items are newly listed or changed since
                  last notice.

                  http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

                  Books and magazines:
                  Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                  Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                  drives
                  Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

                  Computers:
                  Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box, manuals, A/C supply. working
                  Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop, in travel bag, A/C supply. working.
                  NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag, original manuals, A/C supply.
                  Bad drives.
                  TI 99/4a with manuals, no power supply untested.
                  * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155, DEAD.
                  IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested

                  VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                  * Osborne 1 computers - need work, so will not bring
                  Apple Mac Classic in box, was working
                  Apple Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                  has external nonstandard video was working last tested

                  Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                  * HP 87XM, two systems. working.
                  * HP 9816, worked but needs keyboard.

                  Printer and plotter
                  HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, not tested
                  Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                  Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                  Apple Imagewriter IILQ, l-o-n-g model in box
                  * Canon PJ 1080A color inkjet, in box w/manual

                  Other items
                  Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                  Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

                  Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                  S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                • Kelly Leavitt
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                    Herb:
                      Of course, depending on price, I'd be interested in the TRS-80 Model III.

                    Kelly