Re: [midatlanticretro] Bringing to swap fest

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
      >> I meet the ten-year rule.
      >> Peace... Sridhar

      I beg you not to start on THAT topic.
    • Herb Johnson
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
        I'm finally getting time to review my stuff and see what I can bring
        to Deleware and which is older than 1990. It's still a lot of stuff,
        and I have a small station wagon. So I'm listing what I COULD bring on
        my Web site:

        http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

        and I'd like some feedback as to what people would like to see from
        that list. There are things like books and magazine that I COULD bring
        if someone will buy them, otherwise they take up space and weight. I
        have oscilloscopes which drew a little interest - but I need to know
        WHICH ONES to bring!

        Of course I have computers and plotters and stuff, many items not
        listed on my site. These were held for many years in the deep reaches
        of my basement..I mean my constant-temperature storage facility...and
        are only now coming to light!

        Regretably, I don't plan to bring much from the S-100 world. Next year
        things will be different; I'll push in 2007 for much more S-100 items
        and activities. But I'll try to list some S-100 items in a later
        version of my page: my priority of the moment is other stuff not in my
        direct line of interest. Translation: the cheap stuff is listed first!

        The rest is accumulated bits of stuff from old hamfests.

        Putting my list on my Web site makes it easy for me to update and
        modify. Anyone is welcome to link to that page. If there is good
        feedback I may keep it up well after the event, for MARCH members to
        look at for the status of some of the items I've specifically listed.
        Otherwise it has links to the usual places on my Web site.

        Herb Johnson

        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          >>> I meet the ten-year rule.
          >>> Peace... Sridhar
          >
          > I beg you not to start on THAT topic.

          LOL

          Peace... Sridhar
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
            Evan,

            Kelly said you are "non-computer", not inanimate!

            Jim

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
              Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
              based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
              my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
              specifics and details.

              http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

              Books and magazines:
              Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
              Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
              drives
              Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

              Computers:
              NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
              ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
              Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
              VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
              Osborne 1 computers untested
              Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
              Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
              ---supports external nonstandard video
              IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
              Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
              HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...

              Printer and plotter
              HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
              Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
              Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
              Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box

              Other items
              Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
              Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

              Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
              S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
            • Dan Veeneman
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                Herb,

                Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?

                Cheers,

                Dan

                > Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                > based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                > my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                > specifics and details.
                >
                > http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html
                >
                > Books and magazines:
                > Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                > Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                > drives
                > Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals
                >
                > Computers:
                > NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
                > ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
                > Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
                > VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                > Osborne 1 computers untested
                > Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
                > Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                > ---supports external nonstandard video
                > IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
                > Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                > HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...
                >
                > Printer and plotter
                > HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
                > Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                > Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                > Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box
                >
                > Other items
                > Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                > Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth
                >
                > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
                > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
                > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
                > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Herb Johnson
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                  --- Dan Veeneman <dan@...> wrote:

                  > Herb,
                  >
                  > Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Dan

                  It's all I can do to review and gather what I have which fits the
                  criteria; then decide what will fit in my station wagon! I will set
                  prices if I can by Saturday. But these items are generally not part of
                  my S-100 and earlier interests, I've not thought about them in years.
                  Most of these items will not be tested and will be sold as-is; items
                  known to work will be described accordingly but still offered AS IS.
                  And I don't have prices determined yet.

                  Nonetheless I don't plan to give them away either. I don't plan to
                  drive over 100 miles each way to sell a computer for $5. And some
                  items can have a value determined fairly easily and so I'll price them
                  accordingly.

                  If you see something of interest LET ME KNOW. Even if we don't make a
                  deal, a show of interest encourages me to bring it down; otherwise you
                  might be disappointed.

                  And...here are some additional items I've uncovered.

                  * Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop,
                  in travel bag, A/C supply.
                  * NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag,
                  original manuals, A/C supply.
                  * TI 99/4a with manuals
                  * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155</b>.

                  Details at the link below.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                    Here's an update to my list of likely items to bring Saturday, as
                    of 7PM Oct 6th. This will change certainly after I pack my car.

                    Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                    based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                    my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                    specifics and details. *'ed items are newly listed or changed since
                    last notice.

                    http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

                    Books and magazines:
                    Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                    Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                    drives
                    Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

                    Computers:
                    Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box, manuals, A/C supply. working
                    Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop, in travel bag, A/C supply. working.
                    NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag, original manuals, A/C supply.
                    Bad drives.
                    TI 99/4a with manuals, no power supply untested.
                    * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155, DEAD.
                    IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested

                    VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                    * Osborne 1 computers - need work, so will not bring
                    Apple Mac Classic in box, was working
                    Apple Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                    has external nonstandard video was working last tested

                    Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                    * HP 87XM, two systems. working.
                    * HP 9816, worked but needs keyboard.

                    Printer and plotter
                    HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, not tested
                    Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                    Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                    Apple Imagewriter IILQ, l-o-n-g model in box
                    * Canon PJ 1080A color inkjet, in box w/manual

                    Other items
                    Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                    Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

                    Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                    S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                  • Kelly Leavitt
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                      Herb:
                        Of course, depending on price, I'd be interested in the TRS-80 Model III.

                      Kelly