Donate to the MARCH reference library and free up space on your book shelves

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hello all,

      Part of the MARCH museum at InfoAge will be a reference library. This will hold any and all documentation donated to MARCH. This can range from manuals for large and mid-size computers and operating systems to the user manuals that came with any sort of vintage computer hardware. Examples of the latter would be the user installation manual for a Hayes modem - an Adaptec disk controller - a serial port card - an AST SixPack expansion board. I've got a box filled with these manuals and pamphlets that I plan to donate along with the hardware reference manuals from the IBM AT and a few others. This will be a small start. As we accumulate more material, this will become a fabulous resource for people trying to get their vintage gear running.

      Please bring any manuals you no longer need for your own equipment to the swap on Saturday and I'll accept your donations. Since there are often more than one piece to these documents, please put each set of documents in a clear plastic bag (zip lock preferred) along with a slip of paper with your name and email address. Or you can use a sealed envelope plainly labeled on the outside with the contents and your name and email address. Anything that's loose will get lost, so please prepare your stuff before you come on Saturday.

      Eventually a catalog of the library will be available at the museum (on the green screen terminals) and on the web.

      Thanks,