Re: [midatlanticretro] Bringing to swap fest

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
      Kelly Leavitt wrote:
      > Non classic computer stuff:
      > Sridhar & Evan

      I might qualify as "classic computer stuff". I meet the ten-year rule. 8-)

      Peace... Sridhar
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
        >> I meet the ten-year rule.
        >> Peace... Sridhar

        I beg you not to start on THAT topic.
      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
          I'm finally getting time to review my stuff and see what I can bring
          to Deleware and which is older than 1990. It's still a lot of stuff,
          and I have a small station wagon. So I'm listing what I COULD bring on
          my Web site:

          http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

          and I'd like some feedback as to what people would like to see from
          that list. There are things like books and magazine that I COULD bring
          if someone will buy them, otherwise they take up space and weight. I
          have oscilloscopes which drew a little interest - but I need to know
          WHICH ONES to bring!

          Of course I have computers and plotters and stuff, many items not
          listed on my site. These were held for many years in the deep reaches
          of my basement..I mean my constant-temperature storage facility...and
          are only now coming to light!

          Regretably, I don't plan to bring much from the S-100 world. Next year
          things will be different; I'll push in 2007 for much more S-100 items
          and activities. But I'll try to list some S-100 items in a later
          version of my page: my priority of the moment is other stuff not in my
          direct line of interest. Translation: the cheap stuff is listed first!

          The rest is accumulated bits of stuff from old hamfests.

          Putting my list on my Web site makes it easy for me to update and
          modify. Anyone is welcome to link to that page. If there is good
          feedback I may keep it up well after the event, for MARCH members to
          look at for the status of some of the items I've specifically listed.
          Otherwise it has links to the usual places on my Web site.

          Herb Johnson

          Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >>> I meet the ten-year rule.
            >>> Peace... Sridhar
            >
            > I beg you not to start on THAT topic.

            LOL

            Peace... Sridhar
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
              Evan,

              Kelly said you are "non-computer", not inanimate!

              Jim

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                specifics and details.

                http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

                Books and magazines:
                Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                drives
                Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

                Computers:
                NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
                ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
                Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
                VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                Osborne 1 computers untested
                Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
                Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                ---supports external nonstandard video
                IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
                Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...

                Printer and plotter
                HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
                Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box

                Other items
                Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

                Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
              • Dan Veeneman
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                  Herb,

                  Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?

                  Cheers,

                  Dan

                  > Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                  > based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                  > my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                  > specifics and details.
                  >
                  > http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html
                  >
                  > Books and magazines:
                  > Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                  > Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                  > drives
                  > Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals
                  >
                  > Computers:
                  > NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
                  > ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
                  > Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
                  > VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                  > Osborne 1 computers untested
                  > Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
                  > Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                  > ---supports external nonstandard video
                  > IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
                  > Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                  > HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...
                  >
                  > Printer and plotter
                  > HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
                  > Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                  > Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                  > Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box
                  >
                  > Other items
                  > Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                  > Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth
                  >
                  > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                  > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
                  > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
                  > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
                  > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Herb Johnson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                    --- Dan Veeneman <dan@...> wrote:

                    > Herb,
                    >
                    > Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    >
                    > Dan

                    It's all I can do to review and gather what I have which fits the
                    criteria; then decide what will fit in my station wagon! I will set
                    prices if I can by Saturday. But these items are generally not part of
                    my S-100 and earlier interests, I've not thought about them in years.
                    Most of these items will not be tested and will be sold as-is; items
                    known to work will be described accordingly but still offered AS IS.
                    And I don't have prices determined yet.

                    Nonetheless I don't plan to give them away either. I don't plan to
                    drive over 100 miles each way to sell a computer for $5. And some
                    items can have a value determined fairly easily and so I'll price them
                    accordingly.

                    If you see something of interest LET ME KNOW. Even if we don't make a
                    deal, a show of interest encourages me to bring it down; otherwise you
                    might be disappointed.

                    And...here are some additional items I've uncovered.

                    * Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop,
                    in travel bag, A/C supply.
                    * NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag,
                    original manuals, A/C supply.
                    * TI 99/4a with manuals
                    * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155</b>.

                    Details at the link below.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                      Here's an update to my list of likely items to bring Saturday, as
                      of 7PM Oct 6th. This will change certainly after I pack my car.

                      Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                      based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                      my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                      specifics and details. *'ed items are newly listed or changed since
                      last notice.

                      http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

                      Books and magazines:
                      Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                      Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                      drives
                      Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

                      Computers:
                      Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box, manuals, A/C supply. working
                      Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop, in travel bag, A/C supply. working.
                      NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag, original manuals, A/C supply.
                      Bad drives.
                      TI 99/4a with manuals, no power supply untested.
                      * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155, DEAD.
                      IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested

                      VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                      * Osborne 1 computers - need work, so will not bring
                      Apple Mac Classic in box, was working
                      Apple Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                      has external nonstandard video was working last tested

                      Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                      * HP 87XM, two systems. working.
                      * HP 9816, worked but needs keyboard.

                      Printer and plotter
                      HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, not tested
                      Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                      Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                      Apple Imagewriter IILQ, l-o-n-g model in box
                      * Canon PJ 1080A color inkjet, in box w/manual

                      Other items
                      Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                      Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

                      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                      S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                    • Kelly Leavitt
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                        Herb:
                          Of course, depending on price, I'd be interested in the TRS-80 Model III.

                        Kelly