Re: [midatlanticretro] Bringing to swap fest

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
      > Update on what I'm bringing...
      >
      > Netware for Jim S
      > Sparcstation LX Mike L
      > Sparcstation CD Mike L
      > Model II and keyboard up for grabs
      > Model 4p for Al H
      > External drive cabinet for Mike L
      >
      > Non classic computer stuff:
      > Sridhar & Evan
      >
      > Anything else? Anyone else? I have one seat left.

      LOL, nice how you listed Sridhar and me as inanimate objects.

      As for me -- I'm bringing a Tandy Model 100 to sell, it's in good
      condition, if anyone cares. Also bringing some copies of Mike N.'s book
      "Collectible Microcomputers" with $5 of each copy going to MARCH (the rest
      we pay back to Mike.)
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
        Kelly Leavitt wrote:
        > Non classic computer stuff:
        > Sridhar & Evan

        I might qualify as "classic computer stuff". I meet the ten-year rule. 8-)

        Peace... Sridhar
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
          >> I meet the ten-year rule.
          >> Peace... Sridhar

          I beg you not to start on THAT topic.
        • Herb Johnson
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
            I'm finally getting time to review my stuff and see what I can bring
            to Deleware and which is older than 1990. It's still a lot of stuff,
            and I have a small station wagon. So I'm listing what I COULD bring on
            my Web site:

            http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

            and I'd like some feedback as to what people would like to see from
            that list. There are things like books and magazine that I COULD bring
            if someone will buy them, otherwise they take up space and weight. I
            have oscilloscopes which drew a little interest - but I need to know
            WHICH ONES to bring!

            Of course I have computers and plotters and stuff, many items not
            listed on my site. These were held for many years in the deep reaches
            of my basement..I mean my constant-temperature storage facility...and
            are only now coming to light!

            Regretably, I don't plan to bring much from the S-100 world. Next year
            things will be different; I'll push in 2007 for much more S-100 items
            and activities. But I'll try to list some S-100 items in a later
            version of my page: my priority of the moment is other stuff not in my
            direct line of interest. Translation: the cheap stuff is listed first!

            The rest is accumulated bits of stuff from old hamfests.

            Putting my list on my Web site makes it easy for me to update and
            modify. Anyone is welcome to link to that page. If there is good
            feedback I may keep it up well after the event, for MARCH members to
            look at for the status of some of the items I've specifically listed.
            Otherwise it has links to the usual places on my Web site.

            Herb Johnson

            Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              >>> I meet the ten-year rule.
              >>> Peace... Sridhar
              >
              > I beg you not to start on THAT topic.

              LOL

              Peace... Sridhar
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
                Evan,

                Kelly said you are "non-computer", not inanimate!

                Jim

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                  Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                  based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                  my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                  specifics and details.

                  http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

                  Books and magazines:
                  Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                  Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                  drives
                  Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

                  Computers:
                  NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
                  ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
                  Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
                  VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                  Osborne 1 computers untested
                  Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
                  Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                  ---supports external nonstandard video
                  IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
                  Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                  HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...

                  Printer and plotter
                  HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
                  Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                  Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                  Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box

                  Other items
                  Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                  Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

                  Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                  S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                • Dan Veeneman
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                    Herb,

                    Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?

                    Cheers,

                    Dan

                    > Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                    > based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                    > my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                    > specifics and details.
                    >
                    > http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html
                    >
                    > Books and magazines:
                    > Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                    > Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                    > drives
                    > Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals
                    >
                    > Computers:
                    > NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
                    > ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
                    > Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
                    > VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                    > Osborne 1 computers untested
                    > Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
                    > Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                    > ---supports external nonstandard video
                    > IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
                    > Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                    > HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...
                    >
                    > Printer and plotter
                    > HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
                    > Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                    > Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                    > Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box
                    >
                    > Other items
                    > Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                    > Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth
                    >
                    > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                    > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
                    > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
                    > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
                    > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Herb Johnson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                      --- Dan Veeneman <dan@...> wrote:

                      > Herb,
                      >
                      > Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      >
                      > Dan

                      It's all I can do to review and gather what I have which fits the
                      criteria; then decide what will fit in my station wagon! I will set
                      prices if I can by Saturday. But these items are generally not part of
                      my S-100 and earlier interests, I've not thought about them in years.
                      Most of these items will not be tested and will be sold as-is; items
                      known to work will be described accordingly but still offered AS IS.
                      And I don't have prices determined yet.

                      Nonetheless I don't plan to give them away either. I don't plan to
                      drive over 100 miles each way to sell a computer for $5. And some
                      items can have a value determined fairly easily and so I'll price them
                      accordingly.

                      If you see something of interest LET ME KNOW. Even if we don't make a
                      deal, a show of interest encourages me to bring it down; otherwise you
                      might be disappointed.

                      And...here are some additional items I've uncovered.

                      * Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop,
                      in travel bag, A/C supply.
                      * NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag,
                      original manuals, A/C supply.
                      * TI 99/4a with manuals
                      * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155</b>.

                      Details at the link below.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                        Here's an update to my list of likely items to bring Saturday, as
                        of 7PM Oct 6th. This will change certainly after I pack my car.

                        Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                        based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                        my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                        specifics and details. *'ed items are newly listed or changed since
                        last notice.

                        http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

                        Books and magazines:
                        Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                        Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                        drives
                        Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

                        Computers:
                        Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box, manuals, A/C supply. working
                        Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop, in travel bag, A/C supply. working.
                        NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag, original manuals, A/C supply.
                        Bad drives.
                        TI 99/4a with manuals, no power supply untested.
                        * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155, DEAD.
                        IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested

                        VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                        * Osborne 1 computers - need work, so will not bring
                        Apple Mac Classic in box, was working
                        Apple Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                        has external nonstandard video was working last tested

                        Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                        * HP 87XM, two systems. working.
                        * HP 9816, worked but needs keyboard.

                        Printer and plotter
                        HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, not tested
                        Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                        Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                        Apple Imagewriter IILQ, l-o-n-g model in box
                        * Canon PJ 1080A color inkjet, in box w/manual

                        Other items
                        Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                        Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

                        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                        S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                      • Kelly Leavitt
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                          Herb:
                            Of course, depending on price, I'd be interested in the TRS-80 Model III.

                          Kelly