Looking for DEC cabling

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hello all,

      I few weeks ago I pickup up a uVAX 3100 as a donation to the MARCH museum. I hope to use it as the core of what I call "The Green Screen Experience". This would place terminals around the museum where visitors could read about the museum, the exhibits, the museum collection, InfoAge, etc., etc. In other words, the teminals would be interactive signs next to various exhibits.

      Now that I have this machine and a couple of terminals I find that I need a few things that the original owners threw out. Primary of this is DECconnect cabling - the flat silver cables that look just like modular phone cords except for the weird proprietary DEC connector on each end. If you have any of these cables in any length, PLEASE bring them to the swap on Saturday. I could also use the second half of the VMS v7 (or later) Administrators Manual that covers networking. These donations to MARCH will be greatly appreciated.

      See my other message about donations to the MARCH library.

      Thanks,