Bringing to swap fest

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
      Update on what I'm bringing...

      Netware for Jim S
      Sparcstation LX Mike L
      Sparcstation CD Mike L
      Model II and keyboard up for grabs
      Model 4p for Al H
      External drive cabinet for Mike L

      Non classic computer stuff:
      Sridhar & Evan

      Anything else? Anyone else? I have one seat left.
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
        > Update on what I'm bringing...
        >
        > Netware for Jim S
        > Sparcstation LX Mike L
        > Sparcstation CD Mike L
        > Model II and keyboard up for grabs
        > Model 4p for Al H
        > External drive cabinet for Mike L
        >
        > Non classic computer stuff:
        > Sridhar & Evan
        >
        > Anything else? Anyone else? I have one seat left.

        LOL, nice how you listed Sridhar and me as inanimate objects.

        As for me -- I'm bringing a Tandy Model 100 to sell, it's in good
        condition, if anyone cares. Also bringing some copies of Mike N.'s book
        "Collectible Microcomputers" with $5 of each copy going to MARCH (the rest
        we pay back to Mike.)
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
          Kelly Leavitt wrote:
          > Non classic computer stuff:
          > Sridhar & Evan

          I might qualify as "classic computer stuff". I meet the ten-year rule. 8-)

          Peace... Sridhar
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
            >> I meet the ten-year rule.
            >> Peace... Sridhar

            I beg you not to start on THAT topic.
          • Herb Johnson
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
              I'm finally getting time to review my stuff and see what I can bring
              to Deleware and which is older than 1990. It's still a lot of stuff,
              and I have a small station wagon. So I'm listing what I COULD bring on
              my Web site:

              http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

              and I'd like some feedback as to what people would like to see from
              that list. There are things like books and magazine that I COULD bring
              if someone will buy them, otherwise they take up space and weight. I
              have oscilloscopes which drew a little interest - but I need to know
              WHICH ONES to bring!

              Of course I have computers and plotters and stuff, many items not
              listed on my site. These were held for many years in the deep reaches
              of my basement..I mean my constant-temperature storage facility...and
              are only now coming to light!

              Regretably, I don't plan to bring much from the S-100 world. Next year
              things will be different; I'll push in 2007 for much more S-100 items
              and activities. But I'll try to list some S-100 items in a later
              version of my page: my priority of the moment is other stuff not in my
              direct line of interest. Translation: the cheap stuff is listed first!

              The rest is accumulated bits of stuff from old hamfests.

              Putting my list on my Web site makes it easy for me to update and
              modify. Anyone is welcome to link to that page. If there is good
              feedback I may keep it up well after the event, for MARCH members to
              look at for the status of some of the items I've specifically listed.
              Otherwise it has links to the usual places on my Web site.

              Herb Johnson

              Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
            • Sridhar Ayengar
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                >>> I meet the ten-year rule.
                >>> Peace... Sridhar
                >
                > I beg you not to start on THAT topic.

                LOL

                Peace... Sridhar
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
                  Evan,

                  Kelly said you are "non-computer", not inanimate!

                  Jim

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                    Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                    based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                    my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                    specifics and details.

                    http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

                    Books and magazines:
                    Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                    Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                    drives
                    Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

                    Computers:
                    NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
                    ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
                    Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
                    VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                    Osborne 1 computers untested
                    Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
                    Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                    ---supports external nonstandard video
                    IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
                    Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                    HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...

                    Printer and plotter
                    HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
                    Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                    Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                    Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box

                    Other items
                    Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                    Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth

                    Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                    S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                  • Dan Veeneman
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                      Herb,

                      Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?

                      Cheers,

                      Dan

                      > Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                      > based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                      > my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                      > specifics and details.
                      >
                      > http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html
                      >
                      > Books and magazines:
                      > Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                      > Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                      > drives
                      > Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals
                      >
                      > Computers:
                      > NCD Xterminals (now called thin clients)
                      > ----use PS/2 kbd mouse and VGA monitor
                      > Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box but used working
                      > VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                      > Osborne 1 computers untested
                      > Apple Mac Classic in box, used working
                      > Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                      > ---supports external nonstandard video
                      > IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested
                      > Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                      > HP 87XM and HP 9816, working but...
                      >
                      > Printer and plotter
                      > HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, working
                      > Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                      > Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                      > Apple Imagewriter II l-o-n-g model in box
                      >
                      > Other items
                      > Sony Trinitron monitor 12 inch
                      > Oscilloscopes, various models, 20MHZ to 100MHz bandwidth
                      >
                      > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                      > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
                      > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
                      > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
                      > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr.s-100"
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Herb Johnson
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                        --- Dan Veeneman <dan@...> wrote:

                        > Herb,
                        >
                        > Do you have prices in mind for the items you've listed?
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        >
                        > Dan

                        It's all I can do to review and gather what I have which fits the
                        criteria; then decide what will fit in my station wagon! I will set
                        prices if I can by Saturday. But these items are generally not part of
                        my S-100 and earlier interests, I've not thought about them in years.
                        Most of these items will not be tested and will be sold as-is; items
                        known to work will be described accordingly but still offered AS IS.
                        And I don't have prices determined yet.

                        Nonetheless I don't plan to give them away either. I don't plan to
                        drive over 100 miles each way to sell a computer for $5. And some
                        items can have a value determined fairly easily and so I'll price them
                        accordingly.

                        If you see something of interest LET ME KNOW. Even if we don't make a
                        deal, a show of interest encourages me to bring it down; otherwise you
                        might be disappointed.

                        And...here are some additional items I've uncovered.

                        * Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop,
                        in travel bag, A/C supply.
                        * NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag,
                        original manuals, A/C supply.
                        * TI 99/4a with manuals
                        * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155</b>.

                        Details at the link below.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                          Here's an update to my list of likely items to bring Saturday, as
                          of 7PM Oct 6th. This will change certainly after I pack my car.

                          Items I'm considering bringing to the Swapmeet. Final choices will be
                          based on what MARCH members are interested in (tell me) and space in
                          my small station wagon. Read my Web page at the link below for
                          specifics and details. *'ed items are newly listed or changed since
                          last notice.

                          http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/march_del.html

                          Books and magazines:
                          Dr. Dobb's Journal, Microsystems Journal, ReMark, Sextant magazines.
                          Commodore/Amiga service manuals for VIC 20, A2600, A2060, monitors,
                          drives
                          Heath/Zenith Z110, Z120 S-100 systems hardware and software manuals

                          Computers:
                          Toshiba T-1000 laptop in box, manuals, A/C supply. working
                          Toshiba T-1100 Plus laptop, in travel bag, A/C supply. working.
                          NEC Multispeed laptop, in travel bag, original manuals, A/C supply.
                          Bad drives.
                          TI 99/4a with manuals, no power supply untested.
                          * IBM Portable Personal Computer model 5155, DEAD.
                          IBM 5140 PC Convertible, no power supply untested

                          VAX 3500 boards only pulled by me from working system
                          * Osborne 1 computers - need work, so will not bring
                          Apple Mac Classic in box, was working
                          Apple Mac SE with 68030 upgrade card (NOT an SE/30)
                          has external nonstandard video was working last tested

                          Tandy MOdel III never used with floppies, untested
                          * HP 87XM, two systems. working.
                          * HP 9816, worked but needs keyboard.

                          Printer and plotter
                          HP 7475A plotter, desktop, serial interface, not tested
                          Epson FX-100, FX-80 ribbons new from 1996
                          Apple Imagewriter I printer in box
                          Apple Imagewriter IILQ, l-o-n-g model in box
                          * Canon PJ 1080A color inkjet, in box w/manual

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                            Herb:
                              Of course, depending on price, I'd be interested in the TRS-80 Model III.

                            Kelly