Anyone going to see WOZ on Saturday in Phila.?

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
      Anyone going to see WOZ on Saturday?  Let me know
      Bill D

      Saturday Sept 30th at 2:00pm Steve Wozniak will speak at the Central
      library in Phila. It's a free author event. His topic: From Computer Geek to
      Cult Icon:How I Invented the Personal Computer,Co-founded Apple, and Had Fun
      Doing It. No tickets or reservations necessary. For more info:
      library.phila.gov
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
        Remember, he'll also be at VCF 9 for the Apple 30th anniversary party.  Bruce Damer (Digibarn) is organizing that.  I spoke to Bruce today and in addition to Woz there will be others present who worked in Jobs' garage.  Unfortunately Jobs himself has no interest in history events.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
          B. Degnan wrote:
          > Anyone going to see WOZ on Saturday? Let me know
          > Bill D

          Woz was on the Daily Show last night peddling his book. Though he seems to
          enjoy himself (perhaps a bit too much) he wasn't a very impressive speaker.
          Jon Stewart kept saying how Woz had invented the computer and I was
          disappointed that Woz didn't correct him, though maybe he was laughing at
          how silly the statement was. At least no one claimed bill gates invented
          the computer.

          Mark

          --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

          http://www.warpstock.org

          http://www.os2voice.org

          Investigation, 1938
        • msimonsmail
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
            > Anyone going to see WOZ on Saturday? Let me know

            I was contomplating going, since i'm already in town. :P But
            considering how packed Kurt Vonnegut was, I'm not sure. If one goes
            it's a matter of getting there early I think.

            Then again, who knows how many people would really be interested in
            such a thing? Or how far it's pulling people from?

            --
            MS