RE: [midatlanticretro] looking for a book- Programming the Commodore 64

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2005
      For that, I'd suggest either http://www.vintagecomputermarketplace.com or eBay.

      I forget where you live, but you might try Computer Book Works, in Manhattan.  Web site stinks but the store is great.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 7, 2005
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Chris M <chrism3667@y...> wrote:
        > perhaps others also

        I have "Machine Language Routines for the Commodore 64/128" by Todd D.
        Heimark and Patrick Parrish

        and "The Official GEOS Programmer's Reference Guide" for commodore
        64/64c/128 includes versions 1.0,1.1, and 1.2 by Berkeley Softworks
        Developer of Geos (Michael Farr)

        May have others... I dont know.
        --
        MS
      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 8 , May 7, 2005
        • BOYD BORRILL
          Message 4 of 8 , May 8, 2005
            Hi;
                 I just found a " Commodore 64 User's Guide" ISBN 0-672-22010-5 and copyright 1983.  The book is in very good condition.  It is spiral-bound, 166 pages plus a stiff cardboard "Quick Reference Card".
                 If you are interested, make me an offer.  You know what these books go for better than I.  You pay he shipping via media mail, irst class, parcel post or Priority mail, your choice.You send me a check after we decide what mail service you want, and I will send thebook right away.  As a fellow club member,  savior of doomed compuers and all arond good guy, I don't have to wait for it to clear and all that jazz.  A couple years ago I had over 500 ebay auctions and never once got burned and made some friends that are stilll friends to this day.
            Ray Borrill

            Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:
            perhaps others also

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Pioneer Purveyor of Personal Processing Power
          • billdeg@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 8, 2005
              I have this book.  I am on vacation right now, but I believe it's an off-brown cover.  I think my copy is still shrink-wrapped.  I have many books on this subject.  Do you need this one in particular or any c64 book?  I may not reply too quickly...
              Bill Degnan

              Message 6 of 8 , May 8, 2005
                Bill...actually its kind of white, with a big blue 64
                on the cover.
                --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <billdeg@...>
                wrote:
                > I have this book. I am on vacation right now, but I
                believe it's an off-brown cover. I think my copy is
                still shrink-wrapped. I have many books on this
                subject. Do you need this one in particular or any
                c64 book? I may not reply too quickly...
                > Bill Degnan

                Discover Yahoo!
                http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html
              • billdeg@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , May 9, 2005
                  oh...i believe that i have this as well.    i wont be able to check until next week.  let me know if you still need next monday.  i understand you're looking for copies of pages for a specific VID problem from your other email, i suppose you'd need copies of these pages, I could copy and fax or whatever.
                  bd