swapmeet - loading / parking info - 504 N. Market
- This message will be of interest to those who are loading and unloading equipment for the event or has questions about parking.
LOAD IN TIME: 8:00AM-10:00AM, 4PM*
LOCATION: Load in: 509 King Street Wilmington, DE 19801. This is between 5th and 6th Streets on King St, across from New Castle Courthouse. To get to King, take Orange Street to 7th St. and make a right onto King. 509 King is a the loading zone for the museum, but it will only be made available to us for two hours and I think at 4PM for a half hour or so.
WHAT YOU NEED: A dolly or cart
ASSISTANCE: There will be someone to help get you to the correct room at the loading door, and someone at the top of the elevator.
*After 10:00AM, bring your items in through the 504 N. Market Street entrance, see parking/directions below.
Note that there may be construction on Market Street, 5th Street and/or 6th Street, unfortunately. MapQuest or Google may not give directions that compensate for the construction.
1. Travel down I-95 into Wilmington, Delaware.
2. Take the exit corresponding with Martin Luther King Blvd. This is also the exit for the "Riverfront" and the Blue Rocks minor league baseball stadium.
3. Get onto Martin Luther King Blvd heading towards the Amtrak Station and Riverfront.
4. Go through a few lights. Stay on MLK Blvd., past the turn for the Riverfront. Shortly afterwards you'll see Orange St. (It's before the Amtrak station)
5. LEFT Orange St.
6. RIGHT 6th St
7. RIGHT Shipley St.
8. See Colonial Parking lot. You can park here for free on Saturdays. If this is full, you can park on 6th St. or farther down on Market, etc. Bring quarters for the meters?
9. 504 N. Market is on the other side of the parking lot, one block farther down 6th St. Due to construction of the street you may have to walk around the block to get to the entrance of the event.
Please bring a dolly or cart if you plan to haul any equipment.