Converting Commodore tapes

  • Richard A. Cini
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2006

      All:

                  I came across a box of my old Commodore cassette tapes and I want to convert them for use with VICE. I downloaded tape64 which looks like it will convert WAV files to TAP files for the emulator. What I need are some good tips on creating quality WAV files.

                  I also saw a reference to an X1531 cable, which connects the 1531 Datasette to the PC’s parallel port, but I don’t have a 1531. I have a regular C2N Datasette or a “regular” computer cassette deck like used with the TRS-80 machines (CCR-82 I think).

                  Thanks!

      Rich

      Rich Cini

      Collector of classic computers