Guy with lots of vintage computer stuff may be willing to donate

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
      Met an old guy on Freecycle not too far from my house. He's where I got my recent haul from. He's also got several other items, such as an old DEC HDD (Huge), a Zenith Data Systems Terminal, and a bunch of homebrew stuff (S-100, something called the "TV Typewriter"). He also has TONS of old software and books. He says he may be willing to donate them to MARCH. Any interest?
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
        On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Joe Giliberti wrote:

        > Met an old guy on Freecycle not too far from my house. He's where I got my
        > recent haul from. He's also got several other items, such as an old DEC HDD
        > (Huge), a Zenith Data Systems Terminal, and a bunch of homebrew stuff
        > (S-100, something called the "TV Typewriter"). He also has TONS of old
        > software and books. He says he may be willing to donate them to MARCH. Any
        > interest?

        A "TV Typewriter" is a good find for ANY museum.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Bob Grieb
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
          That would go nicely with my copy of Don Lancaster's
          "Cheap Video cookbook" (1978) He did the TV typewriter
          design before that. Back then, having a video display
          was a big deal and rather expensive, so he designed some
          low cost hardware to make it possible for hobbyists to
          build their own using a modified television.

          Bob Grieb

          --- Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

          > On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Joe Giliberti wrote:
          >
          > > Met an old guy on Freecycle not too far from my house. He's where I
          > got my
          > > recent haul from. He's also got several other items, such as an old
          > DEC HDD
          > > (Huge), a Zenith Data Systems Terminal, and a bunch of homebrew
          > stuff
          > > (S-100, something called the "TV Typewriter"). He also has TONS of
          > old
          > > software and books. He says he may be willing to donate them to
          > MARCH. Any
          > > interest?
          >
          > A "TV Typewriter" is a good find for ANY museum.
          >

          > Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          > The Dixie Lion Jazz Band http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
          > The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014
          > http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/
          > Old Technology http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
            On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Bob Grieb wrote:

            > That would go nicely with my copy of Don Lancaster's
            > "Cheap Video cookbook" (1978) He did the TV typewriter
            > design before that. Back then, having a video display

            I still have my original September 1973 issue of Radio Electronics
            magazine with the TV Typewriter construction article. I'd love to have
            one of those units.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Evan
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
              I think I have a copy of Lancaster's "TV Typewriter Cookbook" .... Will reply to the other recent emails later tonight.
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
                Joe, great job on this!  Please ask the donator to contact me.  The things you listed will be GREAT additions to our museum.

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
                  Correction, I think I gave it to someone in MARCH. But I don't recall who
                  it was.

                  I think I have a copy of Lancaster's "TV Typewriter Cookbook" .... Will
                  reply to the other recent emails later tonight.

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Joe Giliberti
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 17, 2006
                    Just spoke to guy via email. Says his entire collection is up for grabs.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 17, 2006
                      Okay. Please have him contact me directly.