Re: [midatlanticretro] My Vintage Computer Haul

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2006
      The clone has 7 slots and no casette interface. Most definitley an XT clone

      On 9/16/06, Jim Scheef <jscheef@... > wrote:

      Joe,

      The 5150 (original PC) had five slots. The 5160 (XT) had seven slots - that's the primary difference. The IBM 5150 also had a socket for a cassette tape recorder, although I know of no clones with such a socket. A true 5150/5160 clone has 256K RAM on the system board, Many later clones can hold 640K on the systemm board and have a clock of some sort.

      Jim