Workshops and other things

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2006
      Hello all,

      This is exactly the kind of discussion that continues to give me hope that we might actually succeed!

      A couple (or more) workshops would add a real draw to our next VCF East. I'll bet that one on hardware and one or two on software would really pack 'em in! The best thing is that we have the expertise to do these ourselves. For software, how about a workshop on CP/M? One could cover a lot of territory in two hours. A good hardware topic might be the care and feeding of floppy drives - everyone has floppies and everyone has problems no matter that machine they connect to.

      More complex workshops like one on teletypes are a fabulous idea that should have an entire day so people can get something done after lugging their teletype and tools to InfoAge or somewhere. Such a workshop could be a standalone event or could be held with another esoteric workshop.

      IOW, I think we can implement all of these ideas over the next year as we bring the museum online.