Vintage CompFest East 3.0 on the Web?

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
      In a newsgroup, someone recently asked about Altair 8800 "kits". I
      wanted to tell them about the two Altair projects exhibited at our VCF
      3.0 at InfoAge this summer. But I could not easily find references to
      the actual participants and events, photos, that sort of thing. Our
      MARCH site links to the "vintage" Web site for details, and the best
      it offers is pages like:

      http://www.vintage.org/2006/east/exhibit.php

      ..which served my purpose.

      This was a major event. I would personally like to see more about it
      on the MARCH Web site, so I can refer people to it, tell them what
      MARCH is about, refer them to participants, etc.

      I'd say more, but my last several posts to MARCH have been of the form
      "why don't we do X". I'm not here to complain or to tell MARCH what to
      do; and I find elsewhere that too many "suggestions" are taken as
      complaining. So I'll only add that Web pages can be created (in
      principle) by anyone anywhere on their schedule - it's an ideal
      project for a non-local membership, a situation recently discussed here.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
        I never took your messages as complaining.

        You're correct that we need to get some VCF pictures up there. Fred @
        InfoAge has been bugging me to do this as well.

[...]

        href="http://retrotechnology.net/herbs_stuff/"> domain mirror</a> my email
        address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com if no reply, try in a few
        days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch
        floppy drives S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr. S-100"

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
          Here is my page

          http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf_east_3.cfm

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006