RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Reminder -- MARCH work day next Saturday!

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
      The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that mean we
      shouldn't expect to see you?

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
        Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?

        wrote:

        > A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of
        our future
        > museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as
        much help as
        > possible!
        >
        > A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building,
        our
        > museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second
        building. The
        > (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of
        one such
        > room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting
        and / or
        > carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also
        like to clean
        > up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the
        preview room
        > ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one
        is the
        > size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay
        Forrester.

        > I'd like to get started around 10AM.
        >
        > Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?
        >
        > By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be
        quite
        > pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At
        VCF there
        > was mediocre paint on the walls, ugly paint on the floor, and
        crappy
        > lighting. Now there's nice paint on the walls, a brand new
        hardwood floor,
        > chandeliers, and a nice door leading out to the patio. They also
        carpeted
        > all the hallways and they transformed the main lobby into something
        > resembling a true hotel -- it's got a piano, luxorious chairs,
        table, lamp,
        > etc. ... With that done Fred & Co. are moving onto finishing the
        lounge
        > rooms (where we had the guest speakers) and to renovating another
        event room
        > that is bigger than the current room but so well hidden you didn't
        even know
        > it was there before! (Actually, it wasn't there before. It used
        to be a
        > hallway and a bunch of offices branching off from the loading
        ramp. The
        > door to that hallway was blocked off at VCF time. Now they're
        tearing out
        > all the inside walls of that section to make one huge room.)
        >
        > - Evan

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • madodel
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
          Joe Giliberti wrote:
          > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
          >
          > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto:evan@...>> wrote:
          >
          > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
          > mean we
          > shouldn't expect to see you?

          I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
          depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
          home in time for something I have to do.

          Mark

          --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

          http://www.warpstock.org

          http://www.os2voice.org

          Investigation, 1938
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
            Thanks Mark.

            I think Herb Johnson is also coming.

            > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
            >
            > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto:evan@...>> wrote:
            >
            > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
            > mean we
            > shouldn't expect to see you?

            I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
            depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
            home in time for something I have to do.

            Mark

            --

            From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

            http://www.warpstock.org

            http://www.os2voice.org

            Investigation, 1938

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            (Yahoo! ID required)

          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
              want me to bring along a radio or a small stereo so we have some music while we work?

              On 9/8/06, Evan Koblentz <evan@... > wrote:

              Thanks Mark.

              I think Herb Johnson is also coming.

              > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
              >
              > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto: evan@...>> wrote:
              >
              > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
              > mean we
              > shouldn't expect to see you?

              I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
              depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
              home in time for something I have to do.

              Mark

              --

              From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

              http://www.warpstock.org

              http://www.os2voice.org

              Investigation, 1938

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              (Yahoo! ID required)

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                I guess that depends on who controls the station!

                My idea of "good music" is anything from classic rock or the 1980s.

                > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                >
                > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto: evan@...>> wrote:
                >
                > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                > mean we
                > shouldn't expect to see you?

                I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                home in time for something I have to do.

                Mark

                --

                >From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                http://www.warpstock.org