Re: [midatlanticretro] Reminder -- MARCH work day next Saturday!

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
      Seven kitten brownie? Say what?

      Anyhow, yes, InfoAge has plenty of supplies like that.
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
        This might be interesting to one of you guys in NJ, item 150029713073.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • blueringice
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
          I would like to come - and I will if it is a rainy day.

          Nick Lordi

          wrote:

          > A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of
          our future
          > museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as
          much help as
          > possible!
          >
          > A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building,
          our
          > museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second
          building. The
          > (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of
          one such
          > room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting
          and / or
          > carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also
          like to clean
          > up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the
          preview room
          > ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one
          is the
          > size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay
          Forrester.

          > I'd like to get started around 10AM.
          >
          > Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?
          >
          > By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be
          quite
          > pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At
          VCF there

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
            The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that mean we
            shouldn't expect to see you?

            wrote:

            > A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of
            our future
            > museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as
            much help as
            > possible!
            >
            > A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building,
            our
            > museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second
            building. The
            > (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of
            one such
            > room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting
            and / or
            > carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also
            like to clean
            > up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the
            preview room
            > ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one
            is the
            > size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay
            Forrester.

            > I'd like to get started around 10AM.
            >
            > Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?
            >
            > By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be
            quite
            > pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At
            VCF there
            > was mediocre paint on the walls, ugly paint on the floor, and
            crappy
            > lighting. Now there's nice paint on the walls, a brand new
            hardwood floor,
            > chandeliers, and a nice door leading out to the patio. They also
            carpeted
            > all the hallways and they transformed the main lobby into something
            > resembling a true hotel -- it's got a piano, luxorious chairs,
            table, lamp,
            > etc. ... With that done Fred & Co. are moving onto finishing the
            lounge
            > rooms (where we had the guest speakers) and to renovating another
            event room
            > that is bigger than the current room but so well hidden you didn't
            even know
            > it was there before! (Actually, it wasn't there before. It used
            to be a
            > hallway and a bunch of offices branching off from the loading
            ramp. The
            > door to that hallway was blocked off at VCF time. Now they're
            tearing out
            > all the inside walls of that section to make one huge room.)
            >
            > - Evan

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
              Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?

              wrote:

              > A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of
              our future
              > museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as
              much help as
              > possible!
              >
              > A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building,
              our
              > museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second
              building. The
              > (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of
              one such
              > room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting
              and / or
              > carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also
              like to clean
              > up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the
              preview room
              > ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one
              is the
              > size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay
              Forrester.

              > I'd like to get started around 10AM.
              >
              > Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?
              >
              > By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be
              quite
              > pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At
              VCF there
              > was mediocre paint on the walls, ugly paint on the floor, and
              crappy
              > lighting. Now there's nice paint on the walls, a brand new
              hardwood floor,
              > chandeliers, and a nice door leading out to the patio. They also
              carpeted
              > all the hallways and they transformed the main lobby into something
              > resembling a true hotel -- it's got a piano, luxorious chairs,
              table, lamp,
              > etc. ... With that done Fred & Co. are moving onto finishing the
              lounge
              > rooms (where we had the guest speakers) and to renovating another
              event room
              > that is bigger than the current room but so well hidden you didn't
              even know
              > it was there before! (Actually, it wasn't there before. It used
              to be a
              > hallway and a bunch of offices branching off from the loading
              ramp. The
              > door to that hallway was blocked off at VCF time. Now they're
              tearing out
              > all the inside walls of that section to make one huge room.)
              >
              > - Evan

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • madodel
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                Joe Giliberti wrote:
                > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                >
                > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto:evan@...>> wrote:
                >
                > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                > mean we
                > shouldn't expect to see you?

                I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                home in time for something I have to do.

                Mark

                --

                From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                http://www.warpstock.org

                http://www.os2voice.org

                Investigation, 1938
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                  Thanks Mark.

                  I think Herb Johnson is also coming.

                  > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                  >
                  > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto:evan@...>> wrote:
                  >
                  > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                  > mean we
                  > shouldn't expect to see you?

                  I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                  depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                  home in time for something I have to do.

                  Mark

                  --

                  From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                  http://www.warpstock.org

                  http://www.os2voice.org

                  Investigation, 1938

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                • Joe Giliberti
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                    want me to bring along a radio or a small stereo so we have some music while we work?

                    On 9/8/06, Evan Koblentz <evan@... > wrote:

                    Thanks Mark.

                    I think Herb Johnson is also coming.

                    > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                    >
                    > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto: evan@...>> wrote:
                    >
                    > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                    > mean we
                    > shouldn't expect to see you?

                    I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                    depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                    home in time for something I have to do.

                    Mark

                    --

                    From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                    http://www.warpstock.org

                    http://www.os2voice.org

                    Investigation, 1938

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                      I guess that depends on who controls the station!

                      My idea of "good music" is anything from classic rock or the 1980s.

                      > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                      >
                      > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto: evan@...>> wrote:
                      >
                      > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                      > mean we
                      > shouldn't expect to see you?

                      I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                      depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                      home in time for something I have to do.

                      Mark

                      --

                      >From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                      http://www.warpstock.org