Re: [midatlanticretro] Reminder -- MARCH work day next Saturday!

  • Jeffrey Frady
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
      Joe Gilberti invited me to go with him, I should be there.

      On 04/09/06, Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@... > wrote:

      Do you have dust masks/resperators for use in the presence of lead paint? I don't want brain damage seven kitten brownie!

      lol

      A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of our future
      museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as much help as
      possible!

      A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building, our
      museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second building. The
      (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of one such
      room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting and / or
      carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also like to clean
      up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the preview room
      ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one is the
      size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay Forrester.

      I'd like to get started around 10AM.

      Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?

      By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be quite
      pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At VCF there
      was mediocre paint on the walls, ugly paint on the floor, and crappy
      lighting. Now there's nice paint on the walls, a brand new hardwood floor,
      chandeliers, and a nice door leading out to the patio. They also carpeted
      all the hallways and they transformed the main lobby into something
      resembling a true hotel -- it's got a piano, luxorious chairs, table, lamp,
      etc. ... With that done Fred & Co. are moving onto finishing the lounge
      rooms (where we had the guest speakers) and to renovating another event room
      that is bigger than the current room but so well hidden you didn't even know
      it was there before! (Actually, it wasn't there before. It used to be a
      hallway and a bunch of offices branching off from the loading ramp. The
      door to that hallway was blocked off at VCF time. Now they're tearing out
      all the inside walls of that section to make one huge room.)

      - Evan

    • Evan
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
        Seven kitten brownie? Say what?

        Anyhow, yes, InfoAge has plenty of supplies like that.
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
          This might be interesting to one of you guys in NJ, item 150029713073.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • blueringice
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
            I would like to come - and I will if it is a rainy day.

            Nick Lordi

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
              The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that mean we
              shouldn't expect to see you?

              wrote:

              > A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of
              our future
              > museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as
              much help as
              > possible!
              >
              > A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building,
              our
              > museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second
              building. The
              > (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of
              one such
              > room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting
              and / or
              > carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also
              like to clean
              > up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the
              preview room
              > ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one
              is the
              > size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay
              Forrester.

              > I'd like to get started around 10AM.
              >
              > Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?
              >
              > By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be
              quite
              > pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At
              VCF there
              > was mediocre paint on the walls, ugly paint on the floor, and
              crappy
              > lighting. Now there's nice paint on the walls, a brand new
              hardwood floor,
              > chandeliers, and a nice door leading out to the patio. They also
              carpeted
              > all the hallways and they transformed the main lobby into something
              > resembling a true hotel -- it's got a piano, luxorious chairs,
              table, lamp,
              > etc. ... With that done Fred & Co. are moving onto finishing the
              lounge
              > rooms (where we had the guest speakers) and to renovating another
              event room
              > that is bigger than the current room but so well hidden you didn't
              even know
              > it was there before! (Actually, it wasn't there before. It used
              to be a
              > hallway and a bunch of offices branching off from the loading
              ramp. The
              > door to that hallway was blocked off at VCF time. Now they're
              tearing out
              > all the inside walls of that section to make one huge room.)
              >
              > - Evan

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Joe Giliberti
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?

                wrote:

                > A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of
                our future
                > museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as
                much help as
                > possible!
                >
                > A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building,
                our
                > museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second
                building. The
                > (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of
                one such
                > room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting
                and / or
                > carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also
                like to clean
                > up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the
                preview room
                > ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one
                is the
                > size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay
                Forrester.

                > I'd like to get started around 10AM.
                >
                > Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?
                >
                > By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be
                quite
                > pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At
                VCF there
                > was mediocre paint on the walls, ugly paint on the floor, and
                crappy
                > lighting. Now there's nice paint on the walls, a brand new
                hardwood floor,
                > chandeliers, and a nice door leading out to the patio. They also
                carpeted
                > all the hallways and they transformed the main lobby into something
                > resembling a true hotel -- it's got a piano, luxorious chairs,
                table, lamp,
                > etc. ... With that done Fred & Co. are moving onto finishing the
                lounge
                > rooms (where we had the guest speakers) and to renovating another
                event room
                > that is bigger than the current room but so well hidden you didn't
                even know
                > it was there before! (Actually, it wasn't there before. It used
                to be a
                > hallway and a bunch of offices branching off from the loading
                ramp. The
                > door to that hallway was blocked off at VCF time. Now they're
                tearing out
                > all the inside walls of that section to make one huge room.)
                >
                > - Evan

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • madodel
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                  Joe Giliberti wrote:
                  > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                  >
                  > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto:evan@...>> wrote:
                  >
                  > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                  > mean we
                  > shouldn't expect to see you?

                  I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                  depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                  home in time for something I have to do.

                  Mark

                  --

                  From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                  http://www.warpstock.org

                  http://www.os2voice.org

                  Investigation, 1938
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                    Thanks Mark.

                    I think Herb Johnson is also coming.

                    > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                    >
                    > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto:evan@...>> wrote:
                    >
                    > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                    > mean we
                    > shouldn't expect to see you?

                    I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                    depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                    home in time for something I have to do.

                    Mark

                    --

                    From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                    http://www.warpstock.org

                    http://www.os2voice.org

                    Investigation, 1938

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                  • Joe Giliberti
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                      want me to bring along a radio or a small stereo so we have some music while we work?

                      On 9/8/06, Evan Koblentz <evan@... > wrote:

                      Thanks Mark.

                      I think Herb Johnson is also coming.

                      > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                      >
                      > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto: evan@...>> wrote:
                      >
                      > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                      > mean we
                      > shouldn't expect to see you?

                      I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                      depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                      home in time for something I have to do.

                      Mark

                      --

                      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                      http://www.warpstock.org

                      http://www.os2voice.org

                      Investigation, 1938

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                        I guess that depends on who controls the station!

                        My idea of "good music" is anything from classic rock or the 1980s.

                        > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                        >
                        > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto: evan@...>> wrote:
                        >
                        > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                        > mean we
                        > shouldn't expect to see you?

                        I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                        depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                        home in time for something I have to do.

                        Mark

                        --

                        >From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                        http://www.warpstock.org