Reminder -- MARCH work day next Saturday!

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
      A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of our future
      museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as much help as
      possible!

      A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building, our
      museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second building. The
      (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of one such
      room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting and / or
      carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also like to clean
      up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the preview room
      ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one is the
      size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay Forrester.

      I'd like to get started around 10AM.

      Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?

      By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be quite
      pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At VCF there
      was mediocre paint on the walls, ugly paint on the floor, and crappy
      lighting. Now there's nice paint on the walls, a brand new hardwood floor,
      chandeliers, and a nice door leading out to the patio. They also carpeted
      all the hallways and they transformed the main lobby into something
      resembling a true hotel -- it's got a piano, luxorious chairs, table, lamp,
      etc. ... With that done Fred & Co. are moving onto finishing the lounge
      rooms (where we had the guest speakers) and to renovating another event room
      that is bigger than the current room but so well hidden you didn't even know
      it was there before! (Actually, it wasn't there before. It used to be a
      hallway and a bunch of offices branching off from the loading ramp. The
      door to that hallway was blocked off at VCF time. Now they're tearing out
      all the inside walls of that section to make one huge room.)

      - Evan
    • Joe Giliberti

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
            Seven kitten brownie? Say what?

            Anyhow, yes, InfoAge has plenty of supplies like that.
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
              This might be interesting to one of you guys in NJ, item 150029713073.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • blueringice
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
                I would like to come - and I will if it is a rainy day.

                Nick Lordi

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 4, 2006
                  The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that mean we
                  shouldn't expect to see you?

                  wrote:

                  > A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of
                  our future
                  > museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as
                  much help as
                  > possible!
                  >
                  > A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building,
                  our
                  > museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second
                  building. The
                  > (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of
                  one such
                  > room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting
                  and / or
                  > carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also
                  like to clean
                  > up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the
                  preview room
                  > ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one
                  is the
                  > size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay
                  Forrester.

                  > I'd like to get started around 10AM.
                  >
                  > Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?
                  >
                  > By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be
                  quite
                  > pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At
                  VCF there
                  > was mediocre paint on the walls, ugly paint on the floor, and
                  crappy
                  > lighting. Now there's nice paint on the walls, a brand new
                  hardwood floor,
                  > chandeliers, and a nice door leading out to the patio. They also
                  carpeted
                  > all the hallways and they transformed the main lobby into something
                  > resembling a true hotel -- it's got a piano, luxorious chairs,
                  table, lamp,
                  > etc. ... With that done Fred & Co. are moving onto finishing the
                  lounge
                  > rooms (where we had the guest speakers) and to renovating another
                  event room
                  > that is bigger than the current room but so well hidden you didn't
                  even know
                  > it was there before! (Actually, it wasn't there before. It used
                  to be a
                  > hallway and a bunch of offices branching off from the loading
                  ramp. The
                  > door to that hallway was blocked off at VCF time. Now they're
                  tearing out
                  > all the inside walls of that section to make one huge room.)
                  >
                  > - Evan

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Joe Giliberti
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                    Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?

                    wrote:

                    > A friendly reminder that I'll be doing some work at the home of
                    our future
                    > museum this Saturday, Sept. 9, at InfoAge -- and I could use as
                    much help as
                    > possible!
                    >
                    > A refresher: in addition to our preview room in the main building,
                    our
                    > museum consists of several rooms in a hallway in the second
                    building. The
                    > (flexible) plan for Saturday is to clear a bunch of junk out of
                    one such
                    > room in that secondary building, determine if it needs painting
                    and / or
                    > carpeting and /or any additional renovation, etc. ... I'd also
                    like to clean
                    > up the three pedastal exhibits that we adopted recently for the
                    preview room
                    > ... they arrived at InfoAge via the US patent office and each one
                    is the
                    > size of a refridgerator, honoring Jack Kilby, Bob Noyce, and Jay
                    Forrester.

                    > I'd like to get started around 10AM.
                    >
                    > Joe already volunteered to help. Who else is available?
                    >
                    > By the way, anyone who hasn't been to InfoAge since VCF will be
                    quite
                    > pleasantly surprised by the condition of the main event room. At
                    VCF there
                    > was mediocre paint on the walls, ugly paint on the floor, and
                    crappy
                    > lighting. Now there's nice paint on the walls, a brand new
                    hardwood floor,
                    > chandeliers, and a nice door leading out to the patio. They also
                    carpeted
                    > all the hallways and they transformed the main lobby into something
                    > resembling a true hotel -- it's got a piano, luxorious chairs,
                    table, lamp,
                    > etc. ... With that done Fred & Co. are moving onto finishing the
                    lounge
                    > rooms (where we had the guest speakers) and to renovating another
                    event room
                    > that is bigger than the current room but so well hidden you didn't
                    even know
                    > it was there before! (Actually, it wasn't there before. It used
                    to be a
                    > hallway and a bunch of offices branching off from the loading
                    ramp. The
                    > door to that hallway was blocked off at VCF time. Now they're
                    tearing out
                    > all the inside walls of that section to make one huge room.)
                    >
                    > - Evan

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • madodel
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                      Joe Giliberti wrote:
                      > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                      >
                      > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto:evan@...>> wrote:
                      >
                      > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                      > mean we
                      > shouldn't expect to see you?

                      I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                      depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                      home in time for something I have to do.

                      Mark

                      --

                      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                      http://www.warpstock.org

                      http://www.os2voice.org

                      Investigation, 1938
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                        Thanks Mark.

                        I think Herb Johnson is also coming.

                        > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                        >
                        > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto:evan@...>> wrote:
                        >
                        > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                        > mean we
                        > shouldn't expect to see you?

                        I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                        depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                        home in time for something I have to do.

                        Mark

                        --

                        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                        http://www.warpstock.org

                        http://www.os2voice.org

                        Investigation, 1938

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                      • Joe Giliberti
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                          want me to bring along a radio or a small stereo so we have some music while we work?

                          On 9/8/06, Evan Koblentz <evan@... > wrote:

                          Thanks Mark.

                          I think Herb Johnson is also coming.

                          > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                          >
                          > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto: evan@...>> wrote:
                          >
                          > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                          > mean we
                          > shouldn't expect to see you?

                          I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                          depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                          home in time for something I have to do.

                          Mark

                          --

                          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                          http://www.warpstock.org

                          http://www.os2voice.org

                          Investigation, 1938

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 8, 2006
                            I guess that depends on who controls the station!

                            My idea of "good music" is anything from classic rock or the 1980s.

                            > Is anyone else gonna be there, aside from Evan, Jeff, and I?
                            >
                            > On 9/4/06, *Evan Koblentz* <evan@... <mailto: evan@...>> wrote:
                            >
                            > The weather looks great according to the 10-day forecast. Does that
                            > mean we
                            > shouldn't expect to see you?

                            I will try to be there at 10AM, but its a 2 hour drive from here and it
                            depends a lot on the traffic. I will have to leave by 2PM though to get
                            home in time for something I have to do.

                            Mark

                            --

                            >From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                            http://www.warpstock.org