Re: [midatlanticretro] Wilmington, DE 10-7-06 Swap Meet Update

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
      neet!

      At 03:54 PM 9/1/2006 -0700, you wrote:
      >--- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > > a shrubbery, etc.
      >
      >A shrubbery eh ?
      >
      >Python reference noted.
      >
      >-Dave
    • Herb Johnson
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006

        > Wilmington, DE 10-7-06 Swap Meet Update

        Bill asks for lists of items people will bring. He and I have talked
        about oscilloscopes, for servicing computers. Also, we have in this NG
        a "thread" about servicing an Apple II. Seems to me that an
        oscilloscope would be the next instrument to use to check out the
        problems with that computer.

        So I'd like to know if MARCH members even use oscilloscopes to fix
        their computers; and if anyone planning to go to Delaware in October
        would be interested in buying one. They are fragile enough, and
        sometimes heavy enough, that shipping is discouraged.

        Some of the ones I have are "rack mount" which are low and flat, maybe
        19 inches on a side; some are "desktop" which are about the size of
        what they used to call a "minitower PC" with a handle on top. Prices
        would be something like $50, not including probes which are usually
        priced from $20 and up depending.

        Herb Johnson

        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006
          I would be interested at that price. I have a borrowed one, and won't buy one on ebay because of shipping problems. Herb, do you take checks? I don't usually carry cash, but for $50 I'll bring it along for a decent scope.

[...]

        • Greg N Shari (GMail)
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 9, 2006
            Hi Herb,

            I would definitely be in the market for a scope at those prices. WOW. Count me in. I will be at the Delaware show.

            Greg Manuel