Re: [midatlanticretro] Wilmington, DE 10-7-06 Swap Meet Update

  • David Comley
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
      --- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > a shrubbery, etc.

      A shrubbery eh ?

      Python reference noted.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
        neet!

        At 03:54 PM 9/1/2006 -0700, you wrote:
        >--- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
        > > a shrubbery, etc.
        >
        >A shrubbery eh ?
        >
        >Python reference noted.
        >
        >-Dave
      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006

          > Wilmington, DE 10-7-06 Swap Meet Update

          Bill asks for lists of items people will bring. He and I have talked
          about oscilloscopes, for servicing computers. Also, we have in this NG
          a "thread" about servicing an Apple II. Seems to me that an
          oscilloscope would be the next instrument to use to check out the
          problems with that computer.

          So I'd like to know if MARCH members even use oscilloscopes to fix
          their computers; and if anyone planning to go to Delaware in October
          would be interested in buying one. They are fragile enough, and
          sometimes heavy enough, that shipping is discouraged.

          Some of the ones I have are "rack mount" which are low and flat, maybe
          19 inches on a side; some are "desktop" which are about the size of
          what they used to call a "minitower PC" with a handle on top. Prices
          would be something like $50, not including probes which are usually
          priced from $20 and up depending.

          Herb Johnson

          Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006
            I would be interested at that price. I have a borrowed one, and won't buy one on ebay because of shipping problems. Herb, do you take checks? I don't usually carry cash, but for $50 I'll bring it along for a decent scope.

[...]

          • Greg N Shari (GMail)
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 9, 2006
              Hi Herb,

              I would definitely be in the market for a scope at those prices. WOW. Count me in. I will be at the Delaware show.

              Greg Manuel