Re: [midatlanticretro] VGA Monitors available

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
      On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, B. Degnan wrote:

      > kelly,
      > if these are 14-pin they are OK for the swap meet.
      > Bill

      Did you mean, 15-pin? :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
        No, 14 pin. The older VGA ports have one pin blocked. See for example the
        Deskpro 386s. These monitors are becoming hard to find. Yes the jacks are
        "15 pin" with one pin missing.
        BIll D

        At 11:17 AM 9/1/2006 -0400, you wrote:
        >On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, B. Degnan wrote:
        >
        > > kelly,
        > > if these are 14-pin they are OK for the swap meet.
        > > Bill
        >
        > Did you mean, 15-pin? :-)
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
          B. Degnan wrote:
          > No, 14 pin. The older VGA ports have one pin blocked. See for example the
          > Deskpro 386s. These monitors are becoming hard to find. Yes the jacks are
          > "15 pin" with one pin missing.

          I've actually had some success in going in with a pair of dikes and
          cutting out the offending pin.

          Peace... Sridhar
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
            Wilmington, DE 10-7-06 Swap Meet Update

            10-7 is quickly approaching.

            Just a note to let you know that I have begun the promotion machine in Delaware area for the Swap Meet.  I have a small budget for local advertising.  If you would like to be on the Internet advertising committee, please contact me directly.  I welcome your ideas.

            If you want to be a volunteer, let me know now.  (Contact me directly)

            On a separate note, I would like to request that persons who plan to attend send me (directly) their list, in any format you'd like, or just a short paragraph..of what you 1) want 2) what you plan to bring for sale/trade.

            Remember that there is a lot of open space, you don't have to buy an exhibit table to sell/trade if you have only one item.  I will apply the "be cool about it" rule.

            If you don't plan to bring anything to trade but have a list of what you want, please send me that too.

            No, I will not go to your web site or other source and pick items for you, you have to send me your list directly in an email.  If you want to simply say "I plan to bring a car load of DEC hard drives" or "I have 10 CGA monitors" that would be fine.  The more detail the better, but I would rather have one sentence than nothing.  If you change your mind, closer to the event, you can send an update.  I make myself available, but I need your help.  I plan to post the items ONLY on marchclub.org, but not your name/contact info unless requested.

            Personally I have a full van full of stuff, maybe two trips.  Seriously!
            Everything from NOS Commodore B Series software and user guides to a DEC Professional 350 setup.  I have a lot of mystery cards from various formats, standard bus cards, PC Clones, and items that have been donated to me that need to find a home such as a 1980 Wang Writer, Banyan Server, IBM Display Writer, a shrubbery, etc.

            If you have something that you think would be a good auction item, let me know.

            I will address exhibitor tables and such in a separate email.

            Bill Degnan
          • David Comley
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
              --- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
              > a shrubbery, etc.

              A shrubbery eh ?

              Python reference noted.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
                neet!

                At 03:54 PM 9/1/2006 -0700, you wrote:
                >--- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
                > > a shrubbery, etc.
                >
                >A shrubbery eh ?
                >
                >Python reference noted.
                >
                >-Dave
              • Herb Johnson
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006

                  > Wilmington, DE 10-7-06 Swap Meet Update

                  Bill asks for lists of items people will bring. He and I have talked
                  about oscilloscopes, for servicing computers. Also, we have in this NG
                  a "thread" about servicing an Apple II. Seems to me that an
                  oscilloscope would be the next instrument to use to check out the
                  problems with that computer.

                  So I'd like to know if MARCH members even use oscilloscopes to fix
                  their computers; and if anyone planning to go to Delaware in October
                  would be interested in buying one. They are fragile enough, and
                  sometimes heavy enough, that shipping is discouraged.

                  Some of the ones I have are "rack mount" which are low and flat, maybe
                  19 inches on a side; some are "desktop" which are about the size of
                  what they used to call a "minitower PC" with a handle on top. Prices
                  would be something like $50, not including probes which are usually
                  priced from $20 and up depending.

                  Herb Johnson

                  Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                • Kelly Leavitt
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006
                    I would be interested at that price. I have a borrowed one, and won't buy one on ebay because of shipping problems. Herb, do you take checks? I don't usually carry cash, but for $50 I'll bring it along for a decent scope.

[...]

                  • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 9, 2006
                      Hi Herb,

                      I would definitely be in the market for a scope at those prices. WOW. Count me in. I will be at the Delaware show.

                      Greg Manuel