VGA Monitors available

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1 7:30 AM
      Does anyone need 17" or 15" VGA monitors? I have about 5 I want to get rid of, but I can't find any takers. Free, but I won't ship them. I will be going to the swap meet, but I won't bring these through the doors and insult our esteemed host.

      Kelly
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1 7:54 AM
        kelly,
        if these are 14-pin they are OK for the swap meet.
        Bill

        At 10:30 AM 9/1/2006 -0400, you wrote:
        >Does anyone need 17" or 15" VGA monitors? I have about 5 I want to get rid
        >of, but I can't find any takers. Free, but I won't ship them. I will be
        >going to the swap meet, but I won't bring these through the doors and
        >insult our esteemed host.
        >
        >Kelly
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1 8:17 AM
          On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, B. Degnan wrote:

          > kelly,
          > if these are 14-pin they are OK for the swap meet.
          > Bill

          Did you mean, 15-pin? :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 1 9:02 AM
            No, 14 pin. The older VGA ports have one pin blocked. See for example the
            Deskpro 386s. These monitors are becoming hard to find. Yes the jacks are
            "15 pin" with one pin missing.
            BIll D

            At 11:17 AM 9/1/2006 -0400, you wrote:
            >On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, B. Degnan wrote:
            >
            > > kelly,
            > > if these are 14-pin they are OK for the swap meet.
            > > Bill
            >
            > Did you mean, 15-pin? :-)
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 1 11:27 AM
              B. Degnan wrote:
              > No, 14 pin. The older VGA ports have one pin blocked. See for example the
              > Deskpro 386s. These monitors are becoming hard to find. Yes the jacks are
              > "15 pin" with one pin missing.

              I've actually had some success in going in with a pair of dikes and
              cutting out the offending pin.

              Peace... Sridhar
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 1 12:33 PM
                Wilmington, DE 10-7-06 Swap Meet Update

                10-7 is quickly approaching.

                Just a note to let you know that I have begun the promotion machine in Delaware area for the Swap Meet.  I have a small budget for local advertising.  If you would like to be on the Internet advertising committee, please contact me directly.  I welcome your ideas.

                If you want to be a volunteer, let me know now.  (Contact me directly)

                On a separate note, I would like to request that persons who plan to attend send me (directly) their list, in any format you'd like, or just a short paragraph..of what you 1) want 2) what you plan to bring for sale/trade.

                Remember that there is a lot of open space, you don't have to buy an exhibit table to sell/trade if you have only one item.  I will apply the "be cool about it" rule.

                If you don't plan to bring anything to trade but have a list of what you want, please send me that too.

                No, I will not go to your web site or other source and pick items for you, you have to send me your list directly in an email.  If you want to simply say "I plan to bring a car load of DEC hard drives" or "I have 10 CGA monitors" that would be fine.  The more detail the better, but I would rather have one sentence than nothing.  If you change your mind, closer to the event, you can send an update.  I make myself available, but I need your help.  I plan to post the items ONLY on marchclub.org, but not your name/contact info unless requested.

                Personally I have a full van full of stuff, maybe two trips.  Seriously!
                Everything from NOS Commodore B Series software and user guides to a DEC Professional 350 setup.  I have a lot of mystery cards from various formats, standard bus cards, PC Clones, and items that have been donated to me that need to find a home such as a 1980 Wang Writer, Banyan Server, IBM Display Writer, a shrubbery, etc.

                If you have something that you think would be a good auction item, let me know.

                I will address exhibitor tables and such in a separate email.

                Bill Degnan
              • David Comley
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 1 3:54 PM
                  --- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
                  > a shrubbery, etc.

                  A shrubbery eh ?

                  Python reference noted.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 1 8:43 PM
                    neet!

                    At 03:54 PM 9/1/2006 -0700, you wrote:
                    >--- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
                    > > a shrubbery, etc.
                    >
                    >A shrubbery eh ?
                    >
                    >Python reference noted.
                    >
                    >-Dave
                  • Herb Johnson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 6 7:12 AM

                      > Wilmington, DE 10-7-06 Swap Meet Update

                      Bill asks for lists of items people will bring. He and I have talked
                      about oscilloscopes, for servicing computers. Also, we have in this NG
                      a "thread" about servicing an Apple II. Seems to me that an
                      oscilloscope would be the next instrument to use to check out the
                      problems with that computer.

                      So I'd like to know if MARCH members even use oscilloscopes to fix
                      their computers; and if anyone planning to go to Delaware in October
                      would be interested in buying one. They are fragile enough, and
                      sometimes heavy enough, that shipping is discouraged.

                      Some of the ones I have are "rack mount" which are low and flat, maybe
                      19 inches on a side; some are "desktop" which are about the size of
                      what they used to call a "minitower PC" with a handle on top. Prices
                      would be something like $50, not including probes which are usually
                      priced from $20 and up depending.

                      Herb Johnson

                      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
                    • Kelly Leavitt
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 6 7:40 AM
                        I would be interested at that price. I have a borrowed one, and won't buy one on ebay because of shipping problems. Herb, do you take checks? I don't usually carry cash, but for $50 I'll bring it along for a decent scope.

[...]

                      • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 9 1:45 AM
                          Hi Herb,

                          I would definitely be in the market for a scope at those prices. WOW. Count me in. I will be at the Delaware show.

                          Greg Manuel