Apple hard drive?

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      Does anyone have a hard drive for an Apple ][ machine they'd like to part with?
      I'd love to get a drive on my Franklin for CP/M use again, but there weren't too
      many controllers made for Apple machines in the 80s.

      Bit by bit I've been collecting Corvus parts, but I'd prefer to find a working
      system if possible.

      Drivers are no problem; I can create one easily enough.  Hardware is the
      problem.  Hmmm... maybe an IDE interface would be easy to do.  Not all
      that retro, but doable.

      Bob

    • buseyl
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
        Hi Bob, are you familiar with Richard Dreher's CFFA card? It'll allow
        you use compact flash cards for storage and it now supports the Apple
        ][+ and up. I believe IDE harddrives may also be interfaced on some
        revisions of the card but I've never tried. It works well with Prodos
        but does not support DOS 3.3 natively. There are however a couple of
        3rd party Prodos utilities that'll allow you to run well behaved DOS
        3.3/ standard RWTS from Prodos.

        This card is pretty open. You may be able to whip up your own with the
        information and firmware on the site.

        dreher.net/CFforAppleII

        Liam Busey

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006