Re: IBM 4956 Series I Minicomputer (plus free items available)

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2005
      The Leading Edge was a larger sized, like an vanilla PC/AT.

      I am not sure about the Tandy, except that it's a 286.

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Chris M <chrism3667@y...>
      wrote:

      > Bill,
      >
      > Was the "Leading Edge PC" a model D or model M? Was it kind of
      compact, or on the larger side, about the size of an vanilla PC/AT,
      with a plain bezel?

      > Any Tandy 2000 puters or stuff? I'd like to talk to this guy if
      possible. Thanks.
    • billdeg
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2005
        Evan,
        I will post pictures and a more detailed inventory asap.
        Bill

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:
        > Bill, that's a great story! Thanks for sharing.
        >
        > I might print the 4956 parts in this week's issue of Computer
        Collector
        > Newsletter.
        >
        > _____

        SX)
        > 5) *Tons* of peripheral control cards for TRS and PC systems
        > 6) TRS 80 model I monitor clone, a nice Magnavox monitor
        > 7) manuals and software on 5 1/4" and 8"
        > 8) intersting mystery stuff in various boxes, cables, jacks, etc.
        >
        > You would need a van to fit it all if you took everything. Let me
        > know if you're interested and I will get you in touch with Roy.
        There
        > is enough for more than one person.
        >
        > Back to the IBM...I have re-assembled it, now I have to figure out
        how
        > to use it. I know TSO, which I guess will be the user interface
        > system, but if you're in the Delaware area, feel free to stop by
        > kick the tires and lend a hand. I would like to donate this
        computer
        > to a museum after I clean it and test it. This might be a fine
        > addition to the technology museum in NJ. Perhaps someone needs a
        14"
        > 150 40MB harddrive? ha ha
        >
        > Bill
        > vintagecomputer.net
        >

        > _____

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        Service
        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      • Michael Nadeau
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2005
          Nice haul. Roy was a big wheel in the TRS-80 world; he did develop one of the better TRS-80, NewDOS.

[...]

          system, but if you're in the Delaware area, feel free to stop by to