Re: [midatlanticretro] IBM 4956 Series I Minicomputer (plus free items available)

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2005

      Bill,

       Was the "Leading Edge PC" a model D or model M? Was it kind of compact, or on the larger side, about the size of an vanilla PC/AT, with a plain bezel?

      Any Tandy 2000 puters or stuff? I'd like to talk to this guy if possible. Thanks.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • billdeg
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2005
        The Leading Edge was a larger sized, like an vanilla PC/AT.

        I am not sure about the Tandy, except that it's a 286.

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Chris M <chrism3667@y...>

        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2005
          Evan,
          I will post pictures and a more detailed inventory asap.
          Bill

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:
          > Bill, that's a great story! Thanks for sharing.
          >
          > I might print the 4956 parts in this week's issue of Computer
          Collector
          > Newsletter.
          >
          > _____

          SX)
          > 5) *Tons* of peripheral control cards for TRS and PC systems
          > 6) TRS 80 model I monitor clone, a nice Magnavox monitor
          > 7) manuals and software on 5 1/4" and 8"
          > 8) intersting mystery stuff in various boxes, cables, jacks, etc.
          >
          > You would need a van to fit it all if you took everything. Let me
          > know if you're interested and I will get you in touch with Roy.
          There
          > is enough for more than one person.
          >
          > Back to the IBM...I have re-assembled it, now I have to figure out
          how
          > to use it. I know TSO, which I guess will be the user interface
          > system, but if you're in the Delaware area, feel free to stop by
          > kick the tires and lend a hand. I would like to donate this
          computer
          > to a museum after I clean it and test it. This might be a fine
          > addition to the technology museum in NJ. Perhaps someone needs a
          14"
          > 150 40MB harddrive? ha ha
          >
          > Bill
          > vintagecomputer.net
          >

          > _____

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          Service
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • Michael Nadeau
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2005
            Nice haul. Roy was a big wheel in the TRS-80 world; he did develop one of the better TRS-80, NewDOS.

[...]

            system, but if you're in the Delaware area, feel free to stop by to