Bringing stuff

  • pdp8online
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2005
      Are the other DEC collectors 8's or 11's/Vaxen?

      I was thinking of bringing my 8/E with RK05, TU56, RX01, PC04, and
      VC8E/VR14. I probably could get the 8/I system (8/I, AX08, DF32)
      ready and bring it instead if the 8/E system is similar to somebody else.

      Also thinking of bring a ASR-33, VT52, Tektronix 4010 storage graphics
      terminal, TI PC (not quite IBM compatible) and a DECmate III.

      At least until I try to put it all in a Suburban.
    • thecpuwizard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2005
        It will be great to have an 8 there. Mine is not really in a
        condition to move [in fact my two teletypes have not recovered from
        their last move]. Where are you located [I am on Long Island], I may
        be able to help with some transport.

        I was planning on bringing my Spare-Time-Gizmo, but would not if
        there are going to be real '8s there.

        I have a number (about 12) TU-56 tapes, that I would like to get
        dumps of, I am behind schedule on getting my TU-56 up and running,
        perhaps I could use yours at the show?

        I do have a fair amount of original PDP-8 related literature that
        might be interesting to display.......

        David.

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "pdp8online" <djg@p...>
        wrote:

        > Are the other DEC collectors 8's or 11's/Vaxen?
        >
        > I was thinking of bringing my 8/E with RK05, TU56, RX01, PC04, and
        > VC8E/VR14. I probably could get the 8/I system (8/I, AX08, DF32)
        > ready and bring it instead if the 8/E system is similar to somebody
        else.

        > Also thinking of bring a ASR-33, VT52, Tektronix 4010 storage
        graphics
        > terminal, TI PC (not quite IBM compatible) and a DECmate III.
        >
        > At least until I try to put it all in a Suburban.
      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2005
          > Where are you located [I am on Long Island], I may
          > be able to help with some transport.

          Maryland near DC. Probably a little too far for loading help but loading/
          unloading help there would be appreciated.

          > I have a number (about 12) TU-56 tapes, that I would like to get
          > dumps of, I am behind schedule on getting my TU-56 up and running,
          > perhaps I could use yours at the show?

          We can give it a shot.

          > I do have a fair amount of original PDP-8 related literature that
          > might be interesting to display.......

          Good. I was also going to bring some manuals/handbooks, cards for display
          etc. We can coordinate later.